Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGRR! Frustrating!

What is one to do?
    Find the woman in a marriage....Out of six people on the page only one is male!!
    Jackie
    Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Depending on your outlook he was either in his element or extremely unlucky lol

Comment

That was my immediate reaction...........Doesn't help me though!! LOL! Tho I would have said Lucky!

Comment

are some of the names unisex, and may have been put down as women? like francis/frances?

Comment

Can you give the details - there might be other options available to you, such as the UKBMD sites.
          Elaine

Comment

I echo Elaine's suggestion... If you give us some names/dates, perhaps we can come up with some ideas for solving teh problem?

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

No, they were definitely women's names. Don't think one of them could have been mistranscribed from "William". LOL!

Comment

Oohh! Found it. Wasn't to far back in History.

Elizabeth Hannah Lord. 1890 AMJ Rochdale, Greater Manchester 8e 1.

Comment

That's strange, unless I'm looking at it wrong, cos when I use your ref's I only see 2 people

Elizabeth Hannah Lord and James Greaves
                  WendyP

Comment

If you use Lancsbmd you will se that Elizabeth Hannah Lord married James Greaves at Bacup and Elizabeth H Lord married Thomas Grindrod at Rochdale. She is indexed as Elizabeth Hannah on Freebmd. But as Wendy says above, I'm not seeing six names on either page.

OC

Comment

The six names (5 female - 1 male) appear when you are searching freeBMD via the Ancestry website - but you can automatically discount three of the females as the registration districts are different.
                      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                        The six names (5 female - 1 male) appear when you are searching freeBMD via the Ancestry website - but you can automatically discount three of the females as the registration districts are different.
                        Yes Elaine, Thats where I was searching. And why didn't I think of that!(Reg districts I mean!)

And Thanks everyone for looking.
                        Jackie

Comment

So bearing that in mind have you now located the correct Elizabeth now married in the following census?
                          WendyP

Comment

Working...
                          X