Is Hannah unmarried ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Hannah unmarried ?

it seems to say Hannah Marshall U yet she has children do you think it should say widow ??? thanks

Have you found a marriage and subsequent death of her husband?

Comment

I think it is a W Val. There is a William on the page and the initial letter looks the same. Also if you go to the next page, there is someone who has Unm for unmarried
      Jackie

Comment

Sometimes its really hard to tell wid from unm from mar, because of all the flourishy writing. Easier if they had to write in block capitals and put S for single instead of Unm.

Still, we wouldn't have so many interesting puzzles to solve in that case. I do actually have an unmarried mother (shock horror!) who is down on the census as widowed. Whether that was her or her landlady being coy I don't know!
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Weren't you taught to write like that ? that's proper writing, not the printing type rubbish they teach these day.
          Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
          http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Thanks everyone
            Thats the problem one of her Daughters says Fathers name Frederick on her Marriage a Box Maker yet I cant find a marriage between a Frederick Marshall and a Hannah
            Last edited by Guest; 27-06-10, 10:58. Reason: wrong name for mother

Comment

think I may have solved it she has a son called William in 1871 and I have found a William Marshall Box Maker as a Convict in Wormwood Scrubs in 1881 ???
              ooer how exciting .

shame think I have disproved that now
              Last edited by Guest; 27-06-10, 11:09.

Comment

well well have found somebody on Ancestry who has the Father as ??? William Marshall

Comment

Working...
                X