Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian emigration/deaths etc help needed please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian emigration/deaths etc help needed please.

I wonder if someone with full world Ancestry could help please?
    I only have the 2nd level and although it let me view 2 of the family coming back in 1934 it won't let me look at anything else.

DRIVER is the family name.
    I have the details of two of the family returning in 1934 from Brisbane - Hilda Driver born 1920 and her mother (actual name Ellen Elizabeth) but listed as Helen b182 on the return.

The Driver family emigrated sometime after Hildas birth in 1920 and their return in 1934. The rest of the family were -
    James Reuben b 1879 - Ellen Elizabeth b1904 - Frederick Thomas 1906 - James Henry 1908 - Edgar George - Sidney 1913

I don't think James Henry went but I think the rest of the family did. I would love to know which ones went and what happened to them please.

Any help gratefully received. I have to go out for the day shortly so not ignoring any replies.

Thank you.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Chrissie,
    They are not showing on Ancestry but they do show up on the migration records on Findmypast. If you don't subscribe then don't forget access will be free from 09.00 hrs Sunday until 09.00 hrs Monday, providing you have pre-registered.
    Elaine

Comment

I've been looking for them in the Queensland BMDs and didn't find anything, which I thought was odd, because you'd think some of the older children might have married.

However, I've just checked the incoming passenger list when Hilda and her mother returned in 1934, and they boarded the ship in Adelaide, so they were probably living in South Australia (which unfortunately has hardly any records online). They gave an address in Nottingham, and said they intended to reside permanently in England.

You can find more information about Australia records here:

Comment

I wonder if this might be Sidney, although the year of birth is wrong:

in which case this may be his wife:

Last edited by Mary from Italy; 25-06-10, 12:06.

Comment

Thank you Elaine I didn't realise that you could search everything on FMP during the match. I thought it was only the 1911 census :o

Thank you Mary I think that is probably him as the birth date is only a year out and the time of year and birth place all fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
            Thank you Elaine I didn't realise that you could search everything on FMP during the match. I thought it was only the 1911 census :o
            Ooh no, the whole site is available. Certainly worthwhile doing a few searches beforehand to see if you can see any possibles that might be worth following up.
            Check out the Chelsea pensioner army records for the late 19th century (listed under the Military tab) - you never know if you might find someone.
            Also the parish records (under the Births Marriages Deaths tab) - quite a collection available
            Elaine

Comment

Thank you again Elaine
              I have to log off tonight but I shall have a good practice tomorrow in readiness for Sunday :D

Comment

Working...
              X