Mary Ann is not who I thought she was.. Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Ann is not who I thought she was.. Help please

I really need help with parish registers as the information I have is from when I started this obsession 7 years ago so not sure how I came across it.
    I had my 3rd great grandparents as Henry FREED b1783 East Sutton Kent d 1840. Thats correct but I had Mary Ann BATES b1804 greenwich. When Henry FREED died she remarried Robert Honeysette. With all the extra info available I thought I would order her 2nd marriage certificate so that it would give me her fathers name but it turns out her father is John VALENTINE.
    I had Henry FREED and Mary Ann Bates married 14 jun 1819 Minster Isle of Sheppey. Dont know why they would have gone all that way to get married.... I obviously have the wrong info from somewhere.
    So could somebody help with the info about Mary Ann please?
    She would be a widow on 1841 census and married to Robert Honeysette on the others until she dies 1877..

Mary Ann Freed aged 35 pauper born in county is in Hollingbourn, Kent in 1841 with children Carolin?12, John 11, James 9, Sophie 7, Amos 5, Edward 4 and Horatio 2. Is this your gt grandmother? HO107/462 fo9 p13
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

1851 HO107/1618 fo 461 p 13
      Mary Honeysett 47, born Greenwich, is in East Sutton Hollingbourn with Robert aged 44, plus chldren Wm , John, James, Sophia, Amos and Edwd all listed as Freed and as sons/daughter in law of Robert, plus daughters Harriet 11 and Eliza 3 and grandson John 2 (surname just shown as "do" and not clear if this is ditto to the Freed children above them or to Honeysett)
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Yes thats the one but Horatio is Harriet...

Comment

Eliza is a Honeysette but I dont know who the 2 year old JOhn would be. CAnt find a John Freed that fits in so maybe a Honeysette. Not really got much info on them as they are only related by marriage.
          No wonder I am a pauper..lol

Thank you Judith..
          Wonder if anybody has the greenwich parish registers

Comment

Do you an ancestry sub ? You should be able to find Mary Ann Valentine in the LMA parish records on Ancestry, which includes Greenwich. You might also find a Henry Freed-Mary Ann Valentine marriage - I can look at the search results, but not the records, as my sub has expired. You will have to "browse" thorugh the baptism records which are not indexed yet, but the marriages are all indexed.

Di
            Diane
            Sydney Australia
            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

no I dont have an ancestry sub but maybe it will be on findmypast during the next england game. Trouble is I am working most of that day so hopefully I will get on sometime after.
              Thanks for letting me know about that though.

Comment

You may be able to have free access to ancestry at your local library.

Comment

The Henry Freed-Mary Ann Bates marriage is on the IGI. I expect you looked for a Henry Freed marriage to a Mary Ann anyone in Kent and that's what you got!

Of course its possible that Valentine isn't her maiden name either, you'd need to check out all the Mary Ann baptisism in Greenwich for the time around her birth.

My own experience has taught me that females called Mary or Mary Ann etc are the hardest ones to track down. I have several that I can't marry off or bury!
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                  X