Charles ECCLESTONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles ECCLESTONE

Can anyone help me find the mother of Charles Ecclestone born on 24 Aug 1833, (my Great Grandfather). I Have his father down as William in 1858 on Charles's marraige certificate. I can place him after that up to his death.

We have a family bible that states he was born on that date. Also on the page is his wife and a Sarah Ann Momford born 14 May 1817 we think she could be his mother but can find no reference to her any where.

Charles states in all his census from 1861 to his death that he came from High Offley in Stafford, then when he married he was in Wellington Shropshire.

We thought we had found him on the 1841 census in the workhouse in Stafford but someone has looked this up and says it is not my Charles. I can find no reference to him if this is not my Charles in the 1841 census. In the 1851 census l can only find a Charles working on a farm, so cannot prove this either.

The person that has been looking into it for me comes from Stafford and has looked at parish records to no avail. He now thinks l should start looking in Shropshire.

I can go no further forward until l can prove who his mother was. I cannot find his father, William Ecclestone marraige either.

If anyone could help l would be grateful.

Thanks

can you state what his wife's name was, and the marriage details? witnesses? put up some census refs when you do have them?

Comment

I have applied a little lateral thinking and looked for a Sarah Momford on Ancestry and there is an interesting one in 1871 in Stirchley, Shropshire listed as Mamford and wife to William. She was born in Hifh Offley as well. Have you consisdered that Charles is possibly illigitimate and gave his stepfathers name when asked by the vicar? In the 1841 census there is a family headed by a William Eccleston with a Sarah of the right age living in High Offley. It doesn't explain why Charles isn't with them, but it might be worth checking them out on subsequent censuses to either confirm or eliminate them.
      Helen
      Support the S.O.P.H.I.E. campaign, Stamp Out Predudice Hatred + Intolerance Everywhere.

Visit the website at http://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/index1.html

http://www.illamasqua.com/about/sophie/

Comment

Working...
      X