Manchester Archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester Archives

Manchester Archives will be opening at its new home along side GMCRO on June 28th 2010. They are now taking bookings via email see http://www.manchester-family-history...ew_page_27.htm. Details about Local Studies at Elliot House will be announced later this week.

GJL

Will they have new microfilm readers at Elliot House?
    PAT

Comment

Hello Pat,

I am not sure, but I think it is unlikely that there will be any new readers until Local Studies moves back into Central Library in 2013/4. I will find out more details later this week.

BTW I'm hopeless with names, are you the Pat that went to school with my sister Eileen?

GJL

Comment

BTW I'm hopeless with names, are you the Pat that went to school with my sister Eileen?

Yes that's right my sister in law is Wendy
        PAT

Comment

Hello Pat,

Small world!!! I used to see Wendy quite often at Central Library before it closed. I have just emailed the Officer in charge of Archives and Local Studies to clarify the situation over the readers at Elliot House.

GJL

Comment

Thanks
            PAT

Comment

GMCRO is closing for a few days to accommodate the move. See http://www.gmcro.co.uk/

GJL

Comment

Some details concerning Manchester Local Studies have been announced http://www.manchester-family-history...ew_page_27.htm

I am still waiting to hear about booking requirements.

GJL

Comment

Just noticed on your web site that you can now sse all of the burial records details. That will be one of the first things I will be doing
                  PAT

Comment

Hello Pat,

Yes they kept that service very quiet, only giving it a "soft launch". If you have a USB memory stick, you can save the images there rather than pay for the cost of printing. Generally speaking they turn out as good clean images.

GJL

Comment

Hello Pat,

No new readers have been purchased. They have also announced the booking system, which I have just added to the relevant page on MFHR.

GJL

Comment

Thanks for that ..............might go and have a look next week
                        PAT

Comment

Hello,

I spent five hours in the two new locations and was quite impressed. Details (including number of readers etc...) updated at the normal location.

GJL

Comment

Working...
                          X