Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EDWARD BUCKLER 1610-1706 reunion. CHECK to see if you are connected . . . . . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDWARD BUCKLER 1610-1706 reunion. CHECK to see if you are connected . . . . . . . . .

For a REUNION in 2011

Looking for any person connecting back to Edward Buckler (1610-1706) one time Rector of Calbourne Isle of Wight and also of Oxford, Bradford Abbas, Wyke Regis and Melcombe Regis. Also a Chaplain to Oliver Cromwell.

Connected families include:
    Buckler
    Bull
    Chessell
    Cass
    Jacob
    Cotten
    Fair
    Newman
    Woodford
    Stupakoff
    Smith-Parker etc

Maybe be found listed under Calbourne Isle of Wight, Newport I.O.W., Hampshire or Southampton.

If you think you are connected, please check out the website:

Discover the best restaurants and places with MoonFruit. Use our unique rating and review sorting system to find the perfect spots for your next journey. Get reliable advice and reviews from our community
    Last edited by Querty; 29-11-13, 08:53. Reason: Amended the date for Querty

I have a Sarah Buckler born 1686 Calbourne who married into my tree when she married Richard Brading in 1708. I don't know who her parents were or whether she is connected to to your Edward Buckler.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Wendy. I would certainly think Sarah Buckler is probably a grandchild of Edward the Rector. I will have the answer here but don't have time to check it out right now. Please would you send me a private message so that we can communicate directly as you seem to be my first actual Buckler connected contact on the IOW. Many thanks in anticipation.

Comment

Querty,

would you ike me to move this thread to Research Qs & As? where it will be picked up by Google Caching? ( you may get new people joining the site to add to your thread)
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Goodness - was he really 105 when he died?? There can't have been many of those around at that time! It will be interesting to see how many people are descnded from him. Good luck with your reunion!

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
            Querty,

would you ike me to move this thread to Research Qs & As? where it will be picked up by Google Caching? ( you may get new people joining the site to add to your thread)
            Many thanks for your technical suggestion.Please do as long as it does not confuse existing posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
              Goodness - was he really 105 when he died?? There can't have been many of those around at that time! It will be interesting to see how many people are descnded from him. Good luck with your reunion!

Anne
              Ease up on the gin and tonic Anne ! With respect 1706 minus 1610 = 96 but still an amazing age when you consider the crude medical facilities and lack of modern drugs that we now take for granted. But in those days only the strongest survived birth and the few months following.

Comment

I have moved the thread with a 24 hour redirect ...
                Caroline
                Caroline's Family History Pages
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Sorry .... this is the quote I saw in your first post! I see now it was a typo but I didn't notice the heading.

Looking for any person connecting back to Edward Buckler (1601-1706) one time

Anne

Comment

Just had a google and found this http://library.oxfordjournals.org/cg.../s4-XVII/3/349, so will amend the post for you.

BTW this thread was the first hit when I googled and it was only moved a couple of hours ago ...
                    Caroline
                    Caroline's Family History Pages
                    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                      Sorry .... this is the quote I saw in your first post! I see now it was a typo but I didn't notice the heading.
                      Anne, you have a sharp brian whereas my single bain cell is now playing up and I have to admit to being very prone to typos and a terrible proof reader to boot. My apologies

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                        I have moved the thread with a 24 hour redirect ...
                        You are indeed a Wizard Caroline, thanks very much. BTW I do have that Oxford Journals ref. but keep them coming . . .

Comment

Working...
                        X