BMD in Schleswig-Holstein...Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMD in Schleswig-Holstein...Germany

Wondering if anyone knows where to look up bmd's...assume Kaltenkirchen or Hasenmoor in Schleswig-Holstein.
    I am looking for 4 children born and died in above area btwn 1859 and 1865 - born to Elsabe Schuemann/Rohlf (Rohlfs) and Hans Hinrich Rohlf (Rohlfs).
    The children died before Elsabe and Hans came to Australia in 1865.
    I have Elsabe and Hans marriage 1859 Kaltenkirchen, Schleswig-Holstein.
    Thanks
    K

Are any of the links on these pages from our Reference Library any good to you?

Resources Worldwide

Germany

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Hiya K......I have found someone who has a familytree site and has
      ROHLF 1859-1979 Kaltenkirchen, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany in his familytree.....problem is that on his tree it states he only speaks German...but I would think he must know someone who speaks English....I have his e-mail address for his tree....I would think I could post it , but I will check with Caroline , as she`s online now...if not I will PM it....allan
      ADDED...I contacted Caroline ...and she found this mans home site (not me , I only had the e-mail address- clever Caroline) try this link

in german ???....but he does have ROHLF in Katltenkirchen 1859 -1979 in his tree....I suppose this is very frustrating for you....maybe someone on FTF who speaks German could sift through the site for you first and translate for you...allan
      Last edited by garstonite; 20-06-10, 09:21.
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

EUREKA K Hans and Elsabe ( spelt Schumann) are in his tree...looks like 6 kids to me...could be wrong..... one son of Hans and Elsba that I can see
        Hans Peter Rohlf b 1859 married Margareta Maria Westphal ....

their daughter
        Catherina Margaretha Rohlf married Johan Hinrich Ruge .....

anyway...I`m limited in my German...worked there in 1979/80 so know a little.....you need someone to trawl this site for you who speaks fluent German......definitely your family....that was exciting and different for me...I enjoyed that...lol.....the best of luck K .....go to this link...

Geneanet, The Free Collaborative Genealogy Database! Build Your Family Tree, Share Your Family History and Improve Your Genealogy Research.

allan;)
        the way I see it there`s
        Hans Peter 1859
        Amelia b 1866 (who marries Herbert Jackson - English ? )
        William Henry b 1868
        Carl Ferdinand and Anna Maria b 1870 presumably twins
        Bertha 1872
        6 children....maybe someone can double check as I may have read it wrong....allan
        Last edited by garstonite; 20-06-10, 09:48.
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

[QUOTE=garstonite;2062207]ADDED...I contacted Caroline ...and she found this mans home site (not me , I only had the e-mail address- clever Caroline) try this link

Not so clever really !! I just took the bit after the @ and put it in the address bar and luckily it worked!! :D
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Hans Peter and Margaretha Maria Westphal are the parents of Hans Hinrich Rohlf. They both died in 1859, the same year Hans married. Only 4 children are listed for Hans and Elsabe, all after 1865. The other Rohlfs mentioned appear to be different families.

Linda
            Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Thanks to everyone....I feel it is all my AUS info I have given to a man I have found over there...his wife if the relation.....yes do have the children born in AUS....Amalie, the first was my g grandmother (known as Mary) did marry Herbert Jackson...my wonderful Grandmother (Eliza/ELizabeth) was their first daughter.
              I did not know Hans Peter and Margaretha both died in 1859....very interesting. Only found out there were 4 children prior to Amalies birth....always assumed there might have been more....they are noted on Amalie and her brother William Henry's birth certificates.....sexes don't match but definately 4 children noted.
              Not even looked at the site as yet....I am off to my daughters for a night and day...will have to take a copy with me and hopefully will find a german speaking person at Qld Family History.
              Will let you all know how I go
              Thanks so much again...always better to have someone else 'thinking outside the square'
              Regards Kaye

Comment

Just had a look at the site...is not the relative I thought it was but yes I did send info a long time ago, so is good to see it on the actual site.....
                Gosh I did German at high school, very difficult 40years later!
                I just love the photos though, makes me want to go there.
                I will contact the German Researcher at Qld Family History for help I think as I would love to know more.
                I know there is a church in Kaltenkirchen....I do assume that might be a place for records of births and deaths of the first children.
                Thanks again all,
                Kaye

Comment

Kaye.....If my memory serves me well kirchen is the German word for Church......allan

Comment

Kirche is, indeed, the German word for "church".

They have places with names like "Kaltenkirchen", just as we have places with names like "Stokenchurch".

But it does mean that it's extremely unlikely that such a place would not have a church.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks all, back from my daughters house - my problem is...I don't speak/read German, would be so much easier to contact the above 'schwedes' site, but I will send him some updated info of family in Aus. I do have a photo of the church (googled)...for a family reunion last year, been searching for info on those 4 children since then.
                      Thanks again
                      K

Comment

Working...
                      X