Ward -1911 census help before I lose the plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward -1911 census help before I lose the plot

Hi can anyone me with a 1911 search which I have been at for months without success

In 1901 there is

Charles Ward age 32 occupation Railway Engine Driver born Stratford Essex
    Clara Ward (Pettit) age 31 born London Bow
    Elizabeth Ward age 7 born West Ham - found her living alone in 1911
    Isabella Ward (my grandmother) age 6 born West Ham - I found her living in a home for waifs and strays in 1911 which backs up the story my dad told me about her running away from home
    Charley age 5 born West Ham
    Rose age 4 born West Ham

Charles was born 25/7/1868 in Stratford, West Ham, Essex
    Clara was born 6/9/1869 in Mile End Old Town
    They were married in West Ham on 18/12/1892
    In 1901 they were living at 78 Sandel Street, West Ham

I have done seaches for Charles and Clara living alone, Clara with the children and vice versa. Rose and Charley would only be 14 & 15 in 1911 so should surely be living with parents. Even surmising that both parents died and just searching for Charley and Rose I still can't find them. The only other thing I can think of is that Charles dies, Clara remarries and the kids take the new husband's name and maybe thats why Isabella ran away.

When Isabella marries in 1911 her father Charles is listed as deceased.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Steven

Steven

Casnnot help specifically, but generally - Rose and Charley would both be at work in 1911 - school leaving age was officially 12 years - and they could be apprenticed or otherwise "living in".

Another possibility for Rose and Charley is that they emigrated under the child Migrants scheme.

Hopefully someone will come along in a minute to help with your 1911 searches.

OC

Comment

Thanks OC didn't think of that but would still have thought I would have come across them somewhere. I am beginning to think they have all disappeared!

Steven

Comment

Working...
      X