Maqueer Burns 1753 Greenock Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maqueer Burns 1753 Greenock Scotland

Hello again, I am doing my husbands side of the family tree,and have taken the Patullo's back to Peter 1780 he married Mary Burns. OH bought me into Ancestry, great I thought now I can get somewhere there are a lot of tree's on there, and on 1 or 2 that are connected. Mary's mum & Dad are listed. Mary Burns was born1779 . Her father is MAQUEER Burns born 1753 in Greenock Scotland and mother Isobel Moody born 1759 also in Greenock. I have tried every way I can think of to verify the father's name but I just can't get anywere. Has any one heard this name before ????
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Hi - it could be Macquhirr which relates to Macquarrie http://www.electricscotland.com/webc...phabetical.htm
    Last edited by naomiatt; 18-06-10, 06:13.

Comment

Thanks I'll have a look see .

Comment

There is this on the IGI, it might help.

ISOBEL MOODY Pedigree
        Female Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Event(s):
        Birth:
        Christening:
        Death:
        Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Marriages:
        Spouse: MAQUEN BURNS Family
        Marriage: 07 OCT 1773 West Or Old Parish, Greenock, Renfrew, Scotland

Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the marriage date

Katherine

Comment

Hi Sheila,
          The above is on scotlandspeople and without using the soundex or the return all names it is coming up as MAQUEN BURNS.

Katherine

Comment

Do you think this might be your man's birth?

MCGUIER BURNS Pedigree
            Male

Event(s):
            Birth: 30 MAR 1743

Christening: 10 APR 1743 Ayr, Ayr, Scotland

Death:
            Burial:

Parents:
            Father: JOHN BURNS Family
            Mother: ANAPLE SMITH

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Katherine

Comment

Good Morning , thank you very much for all of that, I think you could be on to something.
              Sheila

Comment

I see you are finding all the alternative spellings! My OH has a family called McQuone/McQuarne. They obviously didn't know how to spell it! I suspect Irish origins but they came from Manchester as far back as I can go. I have found so many different spelling that you wouldn't even guess at!

The laugh is ... they eventually changed their name to MELLOR. No idea why except for the spelling problem!

Anne

Comment

Working...
                X