Could Lorie be Elizabeth Louisa ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Lorie be Elizabeth Louisa ?

Looking on the 1911 census for a Elizabeth Louisa Smith born 17 Mar 1911 Bethnal Green
    Dont know her parents??
    There is a Lorie Smith 1 month old born in Bethnal Green could it be her ????
    Thanks

I suppose it's a possibility Val, but I don't see how you can be certain if you've no other information about her.
    Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine if its a possibility I can work on it ?

Comment

Should she have parents: George & Catherine? Both 40, and married 20 years?
        Should she be youngest of nine children?

There is a Laura Smith registered in Bethnal Green in the June Q.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks very much Christine that rules her out then the search continues , she should be on the 1911 census but there is nobody with either Elizabeth or Lousia listed blast.

Comment

I thought I might have found her, mistranscribed, but it really does seem to be Ethel Sarah Louisa SMITH - and she's 9 months old - so it won't work.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks for looking Christine I may have her marriage so will probably send for that cert.

Comment

ooh have found a Grace Louisa ??? born in Bromley right age and her mother is a Eliza Louisa mmmmmmmm what do you reckon?

Comment

When was she registered? Is there any chance that she hadn't actually been named by the time of the census? She'd have been only two weeks old, so it's not impossible.

For example, there's a SMITH family in Southwark with three-week-old unregistered twins: a son and a daughter, both born Walworth (sadly not Bethnal Green). Parents Charles 36 and Edith Jane 38.

Christine

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    ooh have found a Grace Louisa ??? born in Bromley right age and her mother is a Eliza Louisa mmmmmmmm what do you reckon?
                    You seem very confident that she was born Bethnal Green - so Bromley seems a bit wide of the mark.

Edit
                    OOPS! - OH tells me that's probably "Bromley-by Bow" so next door to Bethnal Green.

Lucky he was looking over my shoulder!

Christine
                    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 17-06-10, 22:30.

Comment

There's an "Elizbth SMITH" in Camberwell, who's 3 weeks old (I think - script a bit problematic), b Camberwell. Father Albert and mother just "A", both 24.

Christine

Comment

thanks very much Christine for looking , I am gonna send for the cert , you could be right and she isnt listed ?

Comment

Please look back at my re-edit of earlier post re Bromley.

Christine

Comment

ooh thank your husband Christine yes it is Bromley by Bow ,so do you think Grace is a mistake ??? as I have searched and cannot find a Grace Louisa Smith born right time.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                              ooh thank your husband Christine yes it is Bromley by Bow ,so do you think Grace is a mistake ??? as I have searched and cannot find a Grace Louisa Smith born right time.
                              It's possible that the family altered her name after registration, but didn't make any adjustment to the registration.

Christine

Comment

and then of course it may not have been registered yet ???? thanks Christine

Comment

Working...
                                X