Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada

Are there any sites you can search for more recent deaths in Canada 1970's or around about?

Thanks

Linda

I've just found a death in 1973 in the British Columbia death index on Ancestry.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks Uncle John but no luck on there

Linda

Comment

I'm not sure that any other Provinces have indices on line. There's information on Collection Canada's website:

I've also found this website but records aren't complete and they don't seem to be recent enough for you.
        List of online death records indexes for Canada, including cemeteries and obituaries.
        Jenny

Comment

Hi - have you tried to google the name and put obituary or death notice next to it..I'm not sure where you person was in Canada, but I found an obit from less than a year ago...

Comment

Hi Naomi,

I just did that and believe it or not came up with the person. It was someone in Canada who had done a listing of gravestones in Old Williamsburg Cemetery. Amazing thing was his wife (my Dad's half sister) was named as well and her date of death.. I was only searching for him first as he had a more unusual christian name so know I know where they both are and have both dates of death.

Thanks very much

Thanks Jenny

I'll certainly put those in my favourites

Linda

Comment

When I was looking at Alberta and Saskatchewan a couple of years ago, I had to make enquiries by email. But I did strike gold, with auntie's unknown rellie's land grant.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
              X