This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email problem

A relation of mine in Australia emails me regularly. She is fairly new to computers and the emails she sends me always go way past my screen width which is annoying as I have to keep flitting around from right to left to read them. Anyone got any idea what she is doing wrong please, so that I can advise her.
    Stella passed away December 2014

Hi Stella, Is she using Outlook - if so it will be in the setting there I think. I tend not to use Outlook much but I know there are different areas for setting up how others see the emails - perhaps someone that uses it regularly may be able to help.
    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Thanks Marion, I'll check and see what she is using. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Stella,
        Tell your relative to set her messages to wrap at around 65 characters (including spaces). This should ensure her messages can be read easily on most email clients.

Rgards
        Jim
        Feel free to visit my site: http://familyhistory4all.co.uk
        Beginners guide to tracing your family history. Plus monthly Newsletter

Comment

Thanks Jim, but I don't know if she would understand that - she has only just started doing emails for the very first time and isn't really computer-literate. How could I word that so she would know what I mean please? Sorry, but I just cannot understand what she is doing to make her emails be far too 'wide'.

Comment

Hi Stella
            You could tell her to count the characters (letters and spaces) on the first line and when she reaches 65 hit return (enter)and start a new line. After she has counted the first line then just make sure not to make further lines longer. I hope that helps.
            Some email clients (programs) will have some way of setting this so it is automatic.

You can of course just copy and paste my instructions into an email if that make things easier.

Regards

Jim
            Last edited by FamilyHistory4All; 19-06-10, 20:39. Reason: addition
            Feel free to visit my site: http://familyhistory4all.co.uk
            Beginners guide to tracing your family history. Plus monthly Newsletter

Comment

Oh yes, of course Jim, I will copy and paste it and send it to her. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X