• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP access on Friday 17th

In case their blog takes a while to arrive in Genealogy News:

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

That should help, but what a pity they have halved the time given - only 90 minutes allowed this time.

Comment

Yes they have halved the time but one has one and a half hours at any time during the period 9am UK time on Friday, June 18 and 9am Saturday, June 19.
      That is another generous offer and should alleviate many of the access problems.
      Well done Findmypast.
      Cheers
      Guy
      Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Shall we organise a rota!!! :D ;D

Comment

does this offer give you world wide?...I have a subscription for FMP, but don't have that

Joyce

Comment

Now that's a better offer for everybody

Comment

Well done to FMP for addressing the complaints......I'm impressed

Comment

If anyone has not used Findmypast before or was unsuccessful last week I suggest they log in to findmypast today and give the system a try.

Searches on the 1881 census are free so it is the perfect database to try and check you have registered and understand the search techniques.
                Note you will be able to search and get the transcribed return only. Not the original image.
                Any problems can be ironed out before the free session.
                Cheers
                Guy

Comment

From Facebook:

findmypast.com The doors are now now open for the second free session - 90 minutes of free findmypast for you over the next 24 hours to celebrate England's second match http://bit.ly/dBezyF

All our records free to view during every England World Cup match | findmypast.co.uk

All findmypast.co.uk records are free to view during every England World Cup match. Find your ancestors and further your family tree for free.
                  Enjoy!! :D
                  Caroline
                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I just tried a 1911 search and it said I would have to pay???
                    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Lynne View Post
                      I just tried a 1911 search and it said I would have to pay???
                      Were you trying from FMP or the 1911 site? I think it is only their main site. Oh, and did you register before midnight yesterday?
                      Caroline

Comment

Did you register yesterday Lynne?
                        Elaine

Comment

Caroline / Elaine

Sorry, I was busy searching.
                          I am registered on FMP and I had 50 credits from 1911 site. When I searched it came up with View and said 10 credits for transcription and 30 credits for image. After I put my message up here I tried again assuming it would charge but it didn't so everything OK.

Thanks ladies.
                          Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Lynne View Post
                            Caroline / Elaine

Sorry, I was busy searching.
                            I am registered on FMP and I had 50 credits from 1911 site. When I searched it came up with View and said 10 credits for transcription and 30 credits for image. After I put my message up here I tried again assuming it would charge but it didn't so everything OK.

Thanks ladies.
                            That's good!
                            Caroline

Comment

Hi Guy!

I've just been taking advantage of the free offer and found that I CAN get the original images, not just the transcripts!

Cheers,
                              Belinda
                              Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Originally posted by Somerset Sal View Post
                                Hi Guy!

I've just been taking advantage of the free offer and found that I CAN get the original images, not just the transcripts!

Cheers,
                                Belinda
                                Yes of course you can.
                                I was suggesting trying Findmypast before the free offer to ensure you could access the site.
                                If there were problems with registration etc then it would have been better to find out in advance rather when the offer was on.

My suggestion was due to the fact that anyone can log in to findmypast on any day and do a search on the 1881 census and get the transcript without paying for it.
                                It was therefore a good way to test the system.
                                Cheers
                                Guy

Comment

I'm not trying yet... I'll wait to later when the children are in bed so I get no interuptions to waste my 90 mins!!

Comment

It seems to have been working very well during the day. I've accessed it quite a few times (as a subscriber) and have had no problems. Hope it holds out for later!
                                    Elaine

Comment

I had my free 90 mins from 10.30 this morning and it was great and so much better than the other evening.In fact my list was a bit too short as I kept succeeding with searches so then had to get files out and work through some more.Will we get another 90 mins on wednesday? Only problem I had was I couldn't get the original images,it kept saying I needed to download a plug in but when I tried it said no plug in could be found! Anyone know why? I read that others have been able to get originals.What am I doing wrong?Also when I searched on migration section there was no down arrow so I couldn't press search

Liz
                                      my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

Well, my 90 minutes on FMP has just timed out. Am well please with the access to the 1911 Census......when I finally got around to finding out how the site worked!. Like Guy has said, I should have had a practiced first on the 1881 Census which is free.

Have dowloaded five Census images and am very satisfied with that.

As I have now had the free 90 mins access, does it mean that the next time England play access will be available again or will it be unavailable to me again? Maybe I am being over enthusiastic now!!!

Lesley

I must admit I do not find the site user friendly though. Maybe it is just me needing more practice!

OOPs Liz. our posting are asking the same question at the same time!!!

Comment

Working...
                                        X