Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passenger List - Western Australia, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger List - Western Australia, please.

Hi,
    Looking for all passenger list information on every person named SCREEN on board the 'Helena Mena' which travelled from Plymouth Sound, England on 7 Jul 1886, arriving at Fremantle, Western Australia on 24 Sep 1886.
    Thanks,
    Greg.

I found some references to the Helena Mena arriving in Fremantle, but no passenger lists - on the NLA newspapers website. It looks like the ship made several trips to the colony and back. The passenger lists are held at the WA State Records office on microfilm, so perhaps you can see what they can do for you

Find and access WA Government online services and information quickly and easily.

Di
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Thanks Diane,
      That's what I thought may be the case.
      Just been to the local library on another matter and whilst there asked them if they had any WA Passenger Lists on microfilm.
      They didn't (as I expected), but, to my surprise, the librarian located a CD containing the names that appear on the passenger lists.
      Found the names I was after so I know it's the correct family so now don't need any of the other information the actual list may contain such as ages, etc.
      I now know which of the Screens were on board and have verified that the 'Helena Mena' was the correct ship.
      Thanks again for your help.
      Cheers,
      Greg.

Comment

You just have to ask the right person......

Happy hunting Greg

Diane
        Diane
        Sydney Australia
        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Working...
        X