Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agnes Hall nee Franklin or Franklyn b 1858. help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agnes Hall nee Franklin or Franklyn b 1858. help please?

Can anyone please help me find out if an Agnes Hall, wife of Alfred Herbert Hall, Edmonton Middlesex ( 1911) was nee Franklin or nee Franklyn ?

Also, unless too tricky, if she was the first cousin of her husband ?

Agnes was born circa 1858.

It was Agnes Franklin and the marriage was 1879
    Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Hampstead County: Greater London, London, Middlesex Volume: 1a Page: 1117
    What makes you think they were cousins?
    Margaret

Comment

Here's her birth record Agnes Franklin Year of Registration: 1857 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Hemel Hempstead County: Hertfordshire Volume: 3a Page: 295.
      On the 1871 she is with parents James and Sarah Franklin here RG10; Piece: 1387; Folio: 105; Page: 9;
      The only way to find out if she was a cousin to Alfred is to find out his his parents and see if they are related at that level.
      Margaret

Comment

Alfred's father is Samuel Hall, a joiner.

Comment

Thanks very much for your generous help Margaretmarch. You have cleared up some essential queries for me. Their only surviving grandchild told me her grandparents were first cousins and two of their children developed mental illness, thought to be connected but I have no way of confirming that unless I can get an earlier connection of Franklin to Buckler ( thanks for that spelling confirmation). I have lots of Buckler tree but no Franklin tree except for the start you have kindly given me.

Thanks immensly also to JillA272. The occupation of joiner is interesting. My Buckler line also were joiners/shopfitters in London at around the same time but one generation younger and my Grandfather Buckler became bankrupt in an unrelated business and then got Agnes Hall to open a company for him to use, called F.B.Hall ( circa 1920's-30's ) and I think it was also carpentry or similar. When his wife, Bertha Hall, developed mental illness, Agnes had looked after all their children, a very generous lady. All pieces of a complicated jigsaw, slowly coming together.

Comment

Working...
          X