Thoughts please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts please?

Hi all. The ongoing saga of my Teer family.

I have found a marriage on the Family Search site which looks promising ( based on transcription errors.).

Q1. could James be short for Benjamin? ( Brides father..bride being Elizabeth Taylor )
    Q2. Could Keen be mistranscribed from Teer? ( I have seen it as Teen in 1901 census, and had my own name written as Teep!)

marriage was 10/5/1891 All Saints, Runcorn, Chester.
    Q3. Is Runcorn near Manchester?

Father of Groom is John.

Jackie
    Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Hi - don't think that James is an alternative name for Benjamin..could have been his middle name??
    Have you found them in 1911?
    Runcorn is a town on the south bank of the River Mersey about 20 miles from Mancs.

Last edited by naomiatt; 12-06-10, 03:35.

Comment

Hi naomiatt,
      It could have been his middle name but, I have him on all the census ( James Taylor ) that is, as James.
      Would 20 miles have been a long way to travel to get married in those days?

I have also found her Christening on Family Search stating father's name as James, mother Mary Jane. Full name Elizabeth Ann Schofield Taylor b. 16/6/1867 christened St Peter's Oldham, Lancs which coincides with what I have. But, Family search has it under England Births and Christenings 1538-1975. I can't find this at all on Ancestry??Ancestry only have births and christenings from 1530 - 1906. Interesting that this is the only source I have found with her full name.

Jackie

1911, found daughter of William Teer ( Ethel ) as niece of Mary Eleanor Green. Mary Eleanor is older sister of Elizabeth Ann Taylor. Therefore I have the right family. 1901 census finds anoher child of James taylor ( JohnSchofield Taylor), living with Father James and sister Florence. Mother could not be found 1891 ( presumed dead ). 1891 I know and have found Elizabeth(Lillian) with William Teer. Mary Eleanor I have not found in 1891, certainly not with husband Christopher Green ( 1911 says married 13 yrs. But son Frank Taylor is 21 and married, but listed as stepson to Christopher). The Taylors therefore, I have not even tried to find in 1911. Can't really see the point as yet, when all I want is a marriage betw. William and Elizabeth.
      Last edited by Jacqueline; 12-06-10, 06:53.

Comment

I would love to do a study if any one is interested...Everyone write the name william teer ( teare ) and get someone else to read it then write it. Or even get someone to hear it and write down what they think? The variations could be enormous. I have tried with teir, teir, tuer, teare, teane, teen, and various initials to start. Eg. sometimes T look like L. etc. BTW we are probably talking Mancurian here....my BIL is from Leeds and I still can't understand him, even tho he has been here in OZ for 25 yrs!!!!

Comment

Hiya Jackie....I am looking at Runcorn from my window...I live across the river Mersey in Garston...Runcorn is nearer to Liverpool....about 2 miles across the river or 5 miles by road.....if you have any questions , just ask,,,,allan
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
          oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
          adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
          merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
          coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

I have just been on the following sites and cannot find the marriage you have

www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~cprdb this is the Cheshire Parish Records Database site and shows no babtisms/marriages/burials for TEER / TEARE.....can you post exactly word for word what you have for the marriage please....allan
            Last edited by garstonite; 12-06-10, 08:17.
            Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
            oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
            adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
            merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
            coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Hi Allan,
              Thanks for that info.
              The marriage was on the Family Search pilot site.
              William Keen ( which I am wildly assuming is mistranscription)
              birth date 1867
              Brides name Elizabeth Taylor
              b. 1870
              Marriage date 10/5/1891
              All Saints,Runcorn, Chester, England
              Grooms fathers name John Keen
              Brides father Benjamin Taylor
              Indexing batch no M86606-0
              System origin England-VR
              source film # 1656551
              Ref # 2:3H13HM5

Thats all it says.
              Jackie

Comment

Just had a look at cheshire BMD, and they have the marriage recorded the same as William Keen to Elizabeth Taylor All Saints, Runcorn.

Nicky

Comment

[QUOTE=nickyinsunnysussex;2055245]Just had a look at cheshire BMD, and they have the marriage recorded the same as William Keen to Elizabeth Taylor All Saints, Runcorn.

Yes thats the one Nicky. Just wondering if I am assuming too much!
                  Jackie ( ever hopeful)

Comment

Working...
                  X