Isle of Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Isle of Man

Anyone need help Isle of Man will be there next week so will check this thread before I go on Sunday.
    Linda x

Are you going to the Manx National Heritage Library in Douglas. I've got a query about crew lists.
    Teresa

Comment

Yes, can do this I actually looked up my Granfather on crew lists and they were so helpful. Send me the details.
      Linda x

Comment

Hi I'm not sure now if there will be anything in the Isle of Man easily findable.
        I found my 2xGgreat grandfather James George born 1850 Carrickfergus Antrim ~Ireland on 'find my past' crew lists for 1886 on the 'Maria' and before that the 'Roberts' I thought the ship was registered in IOM but it seems to be Glasgow.
        How are the crew lists organised in IOM records office? ....probably not in a nice alphabetical list!!! BUT it would be interesting to know.
        Teresa

Comment

Can't remember how they were organised I seem to think the lady there found mine for me. In an hour I had crew lists for grandfather, copy of a will ,grave inscriptions (they retired there) plot numbers, cemeterey plan and death announcements for great grandparents all for £3!

Anyway will try I haven't got access to a computer so it will be end of month before I get back to you, I get home 26th.
          Linda x

Comment

Teresa

There was no more information than you had from Find my Past sorry! Seems we are in the same boat (excuse the pun!)
            Linda x

Comment

Thank you for trying Linda.

Best wishes
              Teresa

Comment

Working...
              X