Free Find my Past during england footie games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Find my Past during england footie games

I know this is elsewhere on here now but just in case anyone hasnt seen it - got an email from FMP:

If you're not football mad, there is something else to do during the World Cup – make it your goal to research your family history.

You can view all the records* on findmypast for free during every England World Cup match – all you need to do is register.

How it works:

* 30 minutes before kick-off we'll stop charging for 3 hours, which should give you plenty of time to explore what we have to offer.

* To get ready, make sure you've registered as you'll need to sign in to view the records. If you need help, take a look at our handy Getting Started guide and our video tutorials.

When England play, you don't pay!

Here you go

Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

I got that email too.

Already have FMP but very good news for anyone who hasn't

Linda

Comment

I am going to get my list ready and will will have to get up in the early hours of the morning to take advantage, but will be worth it.

Comment

Me too Jac - armed with my list I shall be ready and waiting - no matter what time of our night.....:D

Thankyou for letting us know Heather

Comment

I was just going to say that all the England games are on at 4.30 am over here....so unless hubby is getting up then??? Wondering which other family I really am desparate to find out about....Darn site would probably crash on me anyway! LOL!
            jackie

oops meant all us Aussies out there!
            Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Comment

Think I will set the alarm for 4am and see if I can get on - I am already registered with them.

Comment

Me too, have already set the alarm and will have a nanna nap this afternoon.

Comment

I need my sleep though!! LOL!
                  Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Comment

hmmm, don't seem to be able to get even the home page up :(

Comment

Grrrrrrrr....... still quotes charges and the website keeps crashing!
                      Dawn

Comment

It is free, but it is very very slow to load.
                        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I have emailed and asked for a refund on my sub as I cannot get results on the census records ???? so so slow probably crashing.

Comment

I've not managed to get in yet, it keeps timing out.
                            I think they have rather underestimated the number of people who don't particularly find watching 22 grown men run about after a spherical object even remotely interesting.
                            Vicky

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                              I have emailed and asked for a refund on my sub as I cannot get results on the census records ???? so so slow probably crashing.
                              I'm going to do that when I can ever get on the site. If we are going to have this every time England are playing I want that many days added to my subscription. I thought the whole thing was too good to be true anyway.

Ann
                              ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
                              Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Thought I was the only one it wasn't working for. Probably overloaded!!
                                Glen

Comment

Mmmmmmmm

like being locked out of the sweetshop.

Jay
                                  Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

hopeless I just can't get past the search page.Keeps saying connection problems !!!!!!! Soooooo frustrating, I had all my lists ready!!!!!

Liz
                                    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

I managed a few images at 7 o'clock but as the crowds logged in it has timed out.
                                      However we must still thank Findmypast for the offer.
                                      They have obviously been caught unawares by the massive surge.
                                      Cheers
                                      Guy
                                      Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Guy- very true its a big thankyou to find my past- i have managed to get 7 printouts but have given up and logged out now as its going very slow and silly. i dont think the adverts at the side help either. still got most of what i wanted and so am very pleased.
                                        Angelina

Comment

Working...
                                        X