Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this feasable...or have I got a problem here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this feasable...or have I got a problem here?

I've had to check the following twice, as I thought I was seeing things, so it would be helpful if someone else could check it for me too and give me their/your opinions please.

I have 2 sisters.........Elizabeth Chandler born in 1860 Birth ref. Runcorn Chesire. March q. 8a 209

And Martha Chandler born 1863 Birth ref. Runcorn Cheshire Sep q 8a 209

Is this just a coincidence that they should have the same volume and page numbers, 3 yrs apart. Or could there be some type of mix up?
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Probably just co-incidence, they were probably registered about the same time in each quarter.
    Maybe dad or mum went to town the first week of every month (or last) and they were registered then.

Di
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

More than likely just coincidence.

I tried cross checking with cheshirebmds, but only Martha is listed (1863) - they haven't transcribed 1860 yet!

OC

Comment

The ref 8a 209 is used in Runcorn from Mar 1852 until Jun 1911, so it is quite possible if they were registered at the same place that the same page would have been used. It must have been a big page!!

Linda

PS On BMD Elizabeth is on the Sep 1859 list.
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Thanks Diane & OC, that's what I was hoping. Won't worry then.

It's all I have to go on for these 2 sisters. They disappear off the planet after their births, never to be seen again. Along with their father.
          Jen

Comment

Another point - in those years it was the responsibility of the registrar to seek out and register births, so he probably trod the same route each quarter, which would mean ROUGHLY the same streets appeared on the same pages each successive quarter.

OC

Comment

Yes that's correct Linda many thanks.
              Jen

Comment

That's interesting OC. Something I never knew.
                Jen

Comment

On cheshire bmd it gives Martha Chandler b 1863 in Frodsham which is just outside Runcorn...across the River from me...on familysearch it has her christening
                  10th May 1863 Frodsham , Cheshire...
                  father Jonathon Chandler
                  mother Elizabeth .......but can`t find their marriage ???.............allan
                  Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                  oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                  adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                  merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                  coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Thanks Allan. Don't worry I have their marriage in Liverpool in 1858. But by the time they had their 2 girls, Jonathan disappeared. And later Elizabeth re-married having declared herself a widow. But we have not been able to trace Jonathan or the girls after 1861. No marriages, no deaths....just vanished. They were not found with their mother either even though she went on to have more children with 2nd husband.

Elizabeth and her 2 girls were all born Frodsham Lordship, but Liz married in Liverpool where Jonathan was born.
                    Jen

Comment

ahh I have found the mother and Elizabeth in 1861 but guess that you have already seen this. http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1861&indiv=1
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

The volume number will be the same as that didn't alter often. The page numbers will be identical or close as they are done alphabetically, all my Williams in Glos are in the same 100s.
                        ~ with love from Little Nell~
                        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                        X