Help to find a death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to find a death

I am at my wits end trying to find my gg grandfathers death certificate.I know he is buried in Highgate cemetery as are other members of my family,I contacted the cemetery and they confirmed this.I found a newspaper article which said he died on the 30th November 1913 age 83 at Worbarrow which is near Wareham in Dorset,I had previously suspected Dorset or London,he had lived previously in Bournemouth which was then Hampshire.
    The problem is I have searched all the deaths a couple of years between these dates and still can`t find a death for him in the indexes.
    Does anyone have any ideas please.
    His name was John Wheeler.

Thanks
    Lyn

FreeBMD has a John Wheeler aged 82 Vol 3a page 295 in Q/E Dec 1913. Its transcribed as being in Ware but the image actually says Wareham. I also think it says Vol 5a but I could be wrong
    Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
      FreeBMD has a John Wheeler aged 82 Vol 3a page 295 in Q/E Dec 1913. Its transcribed as being in Ware but the image actually says Wareham. I also think it says Vol 5a but I could be wrong
      I checked Ancestry enhanced image & agree with Jackie, 5a 295.
      Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

You are absolute stars !
        I saw it said Hertfordshire and didn`t bother to check,just goes to show,believe nothing and check everything.
        i will order the cert post haste and yes,it must be 5a.
        Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X