Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftm2010 world edition, 50% off including 6 months world sub

Just seen this on Martin Lewis' site:

Family Tree Maker (World edition, ie includes 6 months "world" subscription to Ancestry.co.uk) is half price if you go directly to the publishers & put in the code FTMWORLD50.

If you buy via TopCashBack then you'll get 30% cashback as well! So £99.99 down to £49.99 then about £15 cashback so approx £35 (It's about £60 on Amazon currently)

If you have quidco.com cash back you get 25% cash back.

I've just placed my order, I've never used FTM before but as my sub to Ancestry has run out I thought that this might be a good time to try it and take advantage of the six months 'free', but as it will need renewing at Christmas I'll either have to ask Santa or let it lapse again and hope that something else comes along.
    Margaret

Comment

Rusty,there are ways of getting the basic ancestry sub with an FTM very cheaply - but the full world sub is extremely expensive, so if you need it this offer is a real bargain.

You can get FTM2009 with 6 months basic ancestry for about £15 on some websites, so you may want to get that later on

Comment

I bought 2 in Feb so hopefully will be able to continue with it when it runs out in August.

Anyone know if there's any restrictions?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Dont thinks so J

Comment

Thanks Heather, my sub was a World one, so yes it was very expensive. I'm now watching for the postie, as with everything I wanted this to arrive yesterday!

Margaret
            Margaret

Comment

Thanks. I checked when my worldwide sub was due. 2 days, so quick phone call to cancel sub and then ordered FTM. I still have 6 months of the basic sub to use as well.
              Jennie
              Research: A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots .

Comment

Thanks Heather. My sub ran out at the end of May and I really couldn't bear to renew at the full price so this will come in very handy.

Jane

Comment

My FTM World Edition has just arrived, not bad, I only ordered it on Monday. It came in a huge box, there were three CD's, two booklets and a leaflet, all very daunting. I'll have a little read then settle down for a play, I know that we're not allowed to mention a certain sporting event that is imminent but I for one am glad that it is taking place as my husband will be happily 'occupied' downstairs in front of the television while I will be upstairs happily playing with my new toy and no questions asked!

Margaret
                  Margaret

Comment

Vickys has arrived today too. Wonder if mine will. I was just saying to Vicky - she got it for £35 using cash back so you could in theory buy 6 of these boxes and get 3 years world wide sub for the price of one year normal price.

Comment

I think mine might have come today whilst I was at work. I had a note left saying a package was too large to fit through the letter box so I have to pick it up from the sorting office tomorrow. Can't wait to have a look - I haven't used FTM before.

Jane

Comment

Thank you I have just ordered mine, I have FTM 2009 and love it better than 2005 which I have used for years.

My subscription will end on the 28th of this month and have cancelled it already, I have 6 months free premium that I had with my 2009 but will activate the world package as always wanted to have a scout around for the few that I knew got away and may find more now.

Comment

When you install 2010 does it give you the option of which FTM you want to overide on your computer , ??? I have 2006 as well as 2009 dont want 2006 touching;;;does anyone know please
                          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Babs when I installed 2010 it did not overide my other one I use both

Comment

Val got it on thanks standing alone its left my 09 and 06 alone , now need to read your thread to see how to get all the photos etc down from ancestry
                              borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Babs I dont really know how I managed it ??? I went into the FTM Tree programme and imported it direct from Ancestry without saving it first thats about all I know I am going to have another go to see if I can see how I did it .

Comment

Still havent received mine :(

Comment

I seem to have done something wrong! Went on Quidco site (I registered ages ago and have never used it), then to Avanquest and clicked on the product. I put in the discount code. But I can't get access to my basket or set up an account. Help!
                                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Has anyone who has recently bought the FTM2010 (with six months free world subscription) successfully registered it to their existing account, or do you have to sign up with a new account/user name? (I just don't want to lose access to my online tree, by having to start a new account)

Comment

You should be able to register it to your existing account - I certainly managed to do it with the 2010 version which I purchased last year.
                                        Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                        X