Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

changing colour of hyperlink in ancestry....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing colour of hyperlink in ancestry....

Hi all,
    I know i have done it once before, but I would like to make the links I have been to ( In ancestry ) look a different colour. I am using Vista, and at the moment its very hard to see, the difference between where I have been before, if you get my drift. On another puter I had them as bright red and I could see straight away if that had been looked at by me. I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in my computer settings Any ideas?

Jackie
    Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

I would be interested too

Comment

On the same wavelength Val!! LOL!

Comment

In FireFox you need to go to TOOLS: OPTIONS: PRIVACY... and put a tick in the "remember my browsing history" box. I cant help with Internet Explorer as I don't use it.

Comment

Thanks mary M, but that has already been done. I just want to make it darker than it is already to show I have looked at that already. At the moment it looks the almost the same as an unclicked on link.
          Jackie

Comment

Ok Figured it out!

This is for Firefox:
            Tools, Options, Content tab, Fonts and Colours. Click on colours. Uncheck allow pages to choose own colours. And then change thr text, links, and background to the colours you want.

I had ancestry open on a search, then checked they were what I wanted. I now have clicked on links in bright red and can see where I have been.
            Only problem with this is that every web page ( outside of ancestry ) will be the same as well. Up to you on your colour choices...but heck, beats that sickly green and brown stuff!! LOL!
            Jackie

Don't know about any other browser!

Comment

Working...
            X