Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Explorer new tab....help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer new tab....help please!

A short while ago when I opened a new tab on Internet Explorer it showed little windows with my most frequently used websites & also a list of new "added to favourites".

I don't know how I got this, it just appeared one day....but now just as mysteriously it has dissappeared

Can anyone help me to get it back please, I've tried clicking on a few things, but nothing has worked so far! It was so useful, I'm lost without it
    ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

I haven't had that recently either - nothing I've done (I don't think!).

Could be IE who have taken it away perhaps???...

Comment

mine are still there I have IE 8 is that what you have ?
      might be some help here
      Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.
      Last edited by Guest; 04-06-10, 18:54.

Comment

Thanks for the information, I still can't get it to work!!
        ~ Louise ~

Comment

have you tried going into your control panel the uninstall programmes and trying a repair on it ?

Comment

I think this might be some sort of dispute between Google and Microsoft. I have Windows 7 and use IE8. I also use the Google toolbar but it disappeared earlier in the week and the Google thumbnails also vanished on the new tab pages. I ended up having to uninstall and then reinstall the Google toolbar but couldn't get the thumbnails back. I found this thread which might explain it

Jackie

Comment

Well I have just downloaded the google chrome bar have saved my tabs now to shut it down and re do it see if it brings up my pages again , will add to the edit part just now and let you know ;;;
              borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Oh love it if you save to bookmakers it list some at top but if you also open up new tab there is the boxes to get to te sites brilliant why didnt I do this ages ago and faster than IE
                borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Thanks everyone, sorry not to reply earlier. It seems like a backward step to me, & a bit pathetic of Microsoft!!
                  ~ Louise ~

Comment

Working...
                  X