Ancestry Offers on price????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Offers on price????

I have just let my Ancestry subscription lapse...mainly because of the price, but also because the day after I paid up last year Ancestry appeared to be offering a cheaper deal to induce folk to go back to the site....so....has anyone this year had an offer of a reduced subcription ???? ( I may well be induced to go back to Ancestry if the price is right) !!!!

Margaret.
    Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

I am in a similar situation: I might be tempted if it's better than getting it for free at the library up the road (but only within library hours). I have FMP, and had UK Premium, so still had to go to the library for anything World.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

My world sub is due at the end of the month. Can't remember how now but I paid about half price for it last year & the renewal i've got it for £155ish which atm I can't afford.
      Jay

Comment

I rang Ancestry a few months ago and asked if I could have a discount as I had been a Member for several years and my sub has lapsed.
        They said no, so I said what about giving a loyalty bonus for members as other places do, and she said that she would take note of what I said.

Not happy with Ancestry at the moment so holding back for now.

Edna

Comment

Think they know that all those who jumped onto the Aus deal last years memberships are coming to a end so thats why no offers about ;;;mine to runs out on 24th ;;;
          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I think its pretty much pot luck when you ring up, but its worth a try. Like Edna, I rang them (in December) and asked for a loyalty discount but , unlike Edna, I was given a 20% discount on the premium membership.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, you could buy Family Tree Maker 2010. The platinum version gives you 6 months free Ancestry on the lowest membership which you can upgrade if you wish. I believe several people have done this with Tesco Clubcard points.
            Jackie

Comment

I also let my Ancestry membership lapse in January and have never received an discount offer to re-register. I took FMP up on their special six months offer a few months ago and now go to the local library if I need to look at Ancestry databases. Not ideal, but a lot cheaper!
              Jenny

Comment

My sub ran out shortly before I left for NZ back in March so I cancelled it fully expecting the usual offer of a discount before I got home but no such offer arrived.:(
                On Monday I rang them & said I was dispointed not to have recieved my usual loyalty discount offer as I was a long standing member & had contributed lots of info & corrections.
                The young man offered me a discount of about £10 & I laughed & said "that's not good enough, I could go out & buy FTM for about £20 & get six months free"

I got my 20% discount!:D
                Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Hi,
                  I've been saving this link mine runs out at the end of June.
                  You have to be a national trust member and "new" to ancestry I was going to get my husband to take out a subscription!

Discover your family history and build a family tree with the world’s largest genealogy website. Search birth records, census data, obituaries and more!

Teresa

Comment

Mine runs out today, I've just checked the site and see that I am now a 'registered guest', I didn't even get my extra free day that they promised a few days ago when they had all that trouble with people not being able to access the site.

Margaret
                    Margaret

Comment

25% off with Quidco.

Comment

Originally posted by salty View Post
                        25% off with Quidco.
                        25% cashback at topcashback too and they don't take a fiver a year off you for membership.

Comment

Seeing this thread has just reminded me to cancel mine before they take the money out. I do think that it is getting more and more expensive and my belt is getting tighter and tighter so something has to give.
                          Jen

Comment

I held out and got a 20% discount last June, then went to teh WDYTYA thingy and got a voucher for another 20% this year ... just been hunting high and low for the voucher as it's up soon I doubt if you would get more than that ..... ???

Comment

Working...
                            X