Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea on the approximate date of this photo please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea on the approximate date of this photo please?

Can anyone roughly date this photo please.

Thanks.

teresa

Although some appear to be in fancy dress, I would say late 1920s/early 1930s...

Comment

Originally posted by Velma Dinkley View Post
      Although some appear to be in fancy dress, I would say late 1920s/early 1930s...
      Thanks Velma
      I though it was probably about mid 1920's, so that certainly helps. All I need to do now is identify the people!

I can see that one, is my Granddad's brother Joseph Sebastian Pollard, 2 possible other brothers on there, but not 100% sure as I have only a couple of photos of them either without hats or a different era!
      teresa

Comment

What a great photo--what a sense of humour --they are all lovely ,wish they were my rellies!-20's-30's is my verdict also--

Comment

I would say mid to late 1920s. I have photos of my great grandmother from this time and she has a similar hat on to that of the lady sat in the middle.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Thanks for all your replies.

My Grandfather is not in the photo, so it could have been taken after he left Ireland in 1928...but you never know.

I only received it a couple of days ago from a descendant of his brother Joseph and as yet no other living relative can identifiy any of the other people.

Damn fustrating if they are all extended family members!
            teresa

Comment

is that a caravan behind them...imthinking slightly earlier around 1914 on brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
              X