Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edith Evans

Hi

Could anyone help me please? I'm trying to find any more info about my great grandmother. All I know is her name was Edith Evans (1891-1933) married to Arthur John Thomas (died 1949), siblings were possible living person (1915), possible living person (1917) and possible living person (1925), they lived in Tonna, Neath, West Glam and as far as I know was born there. I cannot find any trace at all!

thanks

J
    Last edited by Velma Dinkley; 30-05-10, 21:38. Reason: Naming of possible living persons under 100 years of age without note of death

Do you have the marriage cert. There is this one Edith Evans to Arthur J Thomas Mar 1915 Neath 11a 1391.

That will give the fathers name and occupation and both their ages.

By siblings do you mean the children, if so the marriage will fit in nicely
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

You beat me to it Lin!

Cheapest way of getting the cert is to order it here

Comment

it's not very often I beat anyone as I am so slow at typing, then have to check everything!!
        Lin

Comment

Hi Jackie,

I'm sorry but I have deleted the names of her siblings as they could well be still alive and you would be naming living persons which is against FTF's T&Cs.

If you are able to confirm their deaths then you are welcome to amend your post accordingly.

For those members who wish to assist in locating them then you are welcome to contact Jackie by personal message through the site.

Good luck in your quest.

Velma

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
            Do you have the marriage cert. There is this one Edith Evans to Arthur J Thomas Mar 1915 Neath 11a 1391.

That will give the fathers name and occupation and both their ages.

By siblings do you mean the children, if so the marriage will fit in nicely
            thanks very much for that...now how did you find that out so quick! :-)

Comment

how can i be sure if these are the right people though? i could send for the marriage cert and it could send me on a wild goose chase with someone else's family? (sorry i'm not very experenced at this)

Comment

Have a look on Freebmd and just make sure there is no other couple that look likely to be yours.

If you are pretty sure that they are yours it is a bit of pot luck but the marriage cert will give grooms occupation and that should probably march the one on one of the childrens birth certs. Its all a case of working backwards. I don't think that Thomas/Evans surnames are easy.

Also if you know the date of death you can work out the birth date and see if it matches the ages on the marriage cert.

Hope that all makes sense. Good luck.
                Lin

Comment

i dont suppose you clever people could find a marriage certificate for Edith's daughter Netta Kathleen Thomas (1915-1984) married to Ronald Vivian Roberts (1915-1991) please? I would like to verify parents names and we found what we think might be her birth cert but would just like to cross check parents names off marriage cert. thanks in advance :-)

Comment

Hi

here they are but there is a discrepancy with the page number

Name: Netta K Thomas
                    Spouse Surname: Roberts
                    Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1940
                    Registration district: Neath
                    Registration county (inferred): Glamorgan
                    Volume Number: 11a
                    Page Number: 1280

Ronald V Roberts
                    Spouse Surname: Thomas
                    Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1940
                    Registration district: Neath
                    Registration county (inferred): Glamorgan
                    Volume Number: 11a
                    Page Number: 2180

mm

Comment

ah, thank you very much for that. I'm sure i'll get more experience at finding my own things. strange those page nos being different eh. thanks again. :-)

Comment

The different page numbers will be a transcription error from the main index - it happens quite often. When you order the certificate you will have to explain as if you order using one page number only and it's the worng one you will have wasted time and possibly money.
                        I'll see if I can look at the oringinal image and identify the correct number for you.
                        Back in a mo'
                        Margaret

Comment

I have checked both images and it is quite clear that Netta is 1280 and Ronald is 2180 so you will definitely have to tell GRO both numbers for them to be able to identify the correct one.
                          Margaret

Comment

It no longer makes any difference to the price whether you have the number or not!

Why do we bother to search for the number???
                            Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

once again, thank you for your help guys :-) I have managed to locate Netta's sister's marriage certificate (more unusual surname so easier to locate) so i have sent for this one to verify father's name instead. :-)

Comment

Glad you found the marriage.

Its safer to check everything now that go down the wrong track.

Let us all know what the cert says and good luck
                                Lin

Comment

Working...
                                X