Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info on Michael Winnel Accident - Andover Advertiser Hants

Hi There,
    Only new at this so hope I do this correctly. I wonder if anyone visiting the Hampshire Archives and Local Studies, Hants Record Office, Sussex Street, Winchester would have time to check the Andover Advertiser for June 1967. I was given a reference by the H.R.O. (108A00/107) but not sure what this refers to.

A young soldier by the name of Michael Winnel died after being hit by a car at night as he walked along the Andover to Salisbury Road at Abbotts Ann on 16 June 1967. An Inquest was held on 19 June. I thought there may have been a report in the papers regarding this accident or Inquest.

I would be most grateful to receive a copy of any such article which may relate to this incident. Perhaps the library also holds a copy of this paper.
    Thanks, from Australia.

Ellen

Hi and welcome to FTF.
    Have you tried emailing the newspaper concerned - newsdesk@andoveradvertiser.co.uk - to ask for a copy of the article - I'm sure they would be pleased to hear from someone so far away - might make a story for a current edition!
    Other than that I'm sure there'll be someone on here who will do the look up for you.
    Margaret

Comment

If you have a look here

on this site there are 2 people listed who will do look ups on Hampshire. You could PM them direct to ask for help as they may not be online for a while and could miss your post.
      Margaret

Comment

Thanks Margaret. Have tried the contact for Winchester but no response to date. May also try the contact for Portsmouth. Ellen

Comment

Hi Margaret,
          Thank you for the andover advertiser address. I'll contact them and see if they can check their issues for that time.
          Ellen.

Comment

Working...
          X