Keep getting this when i start up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep getting this when i start up...

The application has failed to start up because m51531.dll was not found.....

I have no idea what it means but, my Avast Antivirus wouldn't work either so, i have removed Avast (with a struggle) but, i continue to get this message. I'm using Firefox.

Any ideas please.
    Jacky

I get no results searching the web for this dll. Is that definitely the spelling of the dll name? Normally there would be something in processlibrary.com if it was a common (or even uncommon) dll.

Comment

Have you tried 'System Restore' to an earlier date than when this prob occured.
      Worth a try.
      Researching: ORRELL, HIGGINSON, LEIGH, PEET, LLOYD,GREEN. all Lancashire. PEPIN. USA. LLOYD, Canada. PEET, Victoria Australia

Comment

Thankyou

I haven't been able to do a system restore either, this wont load, i have googled and, it looks like i need a "Registry Cleaner", my Internet Explorer wont load either.

I am buying Norton 360, i had Norton in the past and it done a great job protecting my computor....Avast reports no errors at all.....

Thanks Again
        Jacky

Comment

It sounds to me like you've got a virus and it needs cleaning off.
          If you can get a copy of Free AVG, load it on and it will check and sort out any viruses. Don't bother with a registry checker it won't fix this problem I don't think.
          Margaret

Comment

Working...
          X