Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would be gratefull for some more help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would be gratefull for some more help please.

can anyone see this lot on a 1901 census anywhere. Ive looked but cant find them anywhere. they are.

Herbert Dempster, dock labourer/jobbing gardener
    Elizabeth Annie Dempster wife of the above, altho no marriage found and she was married to someone else at the time. she was actually married to Samuel Anderson and his son Samuel was living with Elizabeth Annie and her new husband William Wallace on the 1911 census. Herbert Dempster died in 1906. Samuel Anderson snr died 1902.
    William Bertie (herbert) Dempster son born 1899.

all the above living in Walton, Liverpool.

any help gratefully appreciated.
    thanks
    jean

Do you have a year and place of birth for Herbert?
    Elaine

Comment

No trace of them in Scotland.

Comment

hi elaine,

yes, its 1874 in pailton, warwickshire.

his father is adam and mother frances, altho on the 1881 census he is with adam and his new wife catherine.

Comment

Jean, have a look for Dempsey as Dempster may have been mistranscribed - worth a go !
          Jacky

Comment

I see on another thread that there was a daughter born in 1900 (Frances Annie) and that you have the birth certificate.
            What is the address on the certificate?
            Elaine

Comment

frances annie was born 10 church flags, walton village, liverpool.
              william bertie was born 54 nimrod street, liverpool.

sorry elaine, frances was born 56 othello street, kirkdale, liverpool.

apologies again elaine, shall I start again, lol it must be the weather.

frances annie born 56 othello street, kirkdale, liverpool.
              william bertie born 10 church flags, walton, liverpool.
              william bertie not baptised until 1900 they were living at 54 nimrod street, walton at that time.
              Last edited by jean banaszak; 29-05-10, 12:12.

Comment

Sorry Jean - really struggling to find something.
                Elaine

Comment

that's o.k elaine, they seem to have vanished completely on the night of the 1901 census.

my g.dad's family is getting quite confusing, do I accept the william bertie dempster and his family as my g.father or not,? my g.dad called william herbert dempster, born 1898/99 william bertie's name changed to william herbert on the 1911 census. also born end 1898/early 1899. but not in the place he was supposed to have been born.

two cousins still seem to think that william herbert my g.dad was born in edinburgh castle, altho one cousin says go with what Ive found the other one still not sure and wants to look into it further.

Comment

I'm a bit confused about who is supposed to be in the family and where and when they were born but do you think this could be them (transcribed as Densten)

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

RG13, piece 3458, folio 137, page 15
                    Jackie

Comment

Night Owl, that looks a very good possibility. Well spotted.
                      Margaret

Comment

hi jackie,

thanks for that, well, that's certainly confused me all the more now lol, it def looks like them, but it now states Herbert was born in scotland and on the stuff Ive got he's born in liverpool, and why does it say herbert jnr and not william bertie (herbert), aaarrr. what to do now,? looks like some more trawling thro Ancestry to be done. maybe I have the wrong family after all.

jean

Comment

Don't know it helps at all but Bianca Street is on the Bootle/Kirkdale border & probably very close to the Othello Street mentioned earlier in the thread.

Comment

thanks Arilla.

jean

Comment

I now need your advice.

do you think I should accept the dempster family that I have found as mine.

what are the odds that these are not my family.

dad, bertie william
                              g.dad william (herbert) and birth certificate for william bertie, bertie changed to herbert on the 1911 census, same mother on birth and census. thought the birth certificat was wrong as the father's name not william but herbert. but on 1911 census his stepfather is called william wallace.
                              herbert g.grandad, altho conflicting places of birth on 1901 census with dempster mispelt as densten.
                              adam g.g.grandad.

the only thing connecting them to what I have been told is that adam was a gamekeeper/gardener on 1871 and 1881 census, herbert a gardener on 1881 census and a jobbing gardener on death certificate plus he was also a dock labourer.

the only thing wrong is the supposed scottish birth of g.dad william (herbert)

jean

Comment

I have a family where the head suddenly appears on a census as born in France ??? but he was born in Middlesex, so I would say its quite possible.

Comment

can you give the names again with the birth years, the thread has got a bit confusing

Joyce

Comment

hi val,

trouble is I have two new cousins, one says go for it the other not so sure and wants to look into it more, trouble is I and others cant find any births at edinburgh castle for g.dad or his father being a gamekeeper/gardener there.

jean

Comment

where did you go joyce, I was just going to reply to you. lol.

Comment

lol I was looking for your missing family jean

Comment

Working...
                                        X