Looking for a death entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a death entry

I am having trouble locating a death entry ALBERT GEORGE ILES.

He was alive in 1891 in Keynsham, Bristol. See census record.

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

By 1901 his wife Mary is shown as a widow. See census record.

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

A search of the death records only shows one possible record for a "George Iles" who died in June 1895 Keynsham, Bristol, however having looked at the death cert and researched the census records for 91 and 01 showed that this was another "George Iles" and not my Albert George Iles.

Can anyone shed any light on what happened to him?

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by oliveriles; 30-05-10, 13:52.

I wonder if he was buried in the Arnos Vale Cemetery ?
    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
    http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

It's worth bearing in mind that "By 1901 his wife Mary is shown as a widow." is not definitive proof of his death.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you, I have tried searching well into the 1900's without luck.

Comment

what about
          George Iles
          born abt 1840
          died 1895
          June quarter
          Keynsham
          5c

Comment

Yes, thanks for that a "George Iles" who died in June 1895 Keynsham, Bristol, however having looked at the death cert and researched the census records for 91 and 01 showed that this was another "George Iles" and not my Alfred George Iles. Thanks anyway.

Comment

oops forgot you had seen that one

Comment

I am having trouble locating a death entry ALBERT GEORGE ILES.
                and not my Alfred George Iles.
                I have a couple of problems in trying to help you...
                [1] My Ancestry sub has lapsed, so an Ancestry link is of no use to me. I do have FMP, so I could have looked, had you given more info to identify the records you meant (piece, folio and page numbers, say, or more DoB and PoB info).
                [2] The problem is compounded when I can't be sure which first name is correct (assuming you are confident, yourself, of course! - I have ancestors whose names switch around, so I wouldn't be astonished if yours were the same.)

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Yes, ALBERT is the correct 1st name.

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 1943; Folio 78; Page 15;

Class: RG13; Piece: 2394; Folio: 156; Page: 26.

Thanks.

Comment

Amendment

Yes, ALBERT is the correct 1st name.

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 1943; Folio 78; Page 15;

Class: RG13; Piece: 2394; Folio: 156; Page: 26.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you. I'll have another look shortly - have a few tasks to complete first.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                      X