Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Rose/Rosie Birth Record

Hi,
    I was wondering if someone would be able to please help me find Rose/Rosie Anne/Annie's Lane birth record. I have Rose Annie's marriage cert which states she was 23yo in Dec 1896 (when she married), her father noted as James Lane (Grainer). I think I have also located Rosie Anne's Baptism certificate stating that she was baptised Saint John The Evangelist, Islington on the 8th of July 1877 with her brothers Mark and Leonard, her birth stated as 8/74?. Her parents are noted as Emma and James Lane (Printer). In 1881 (Age 7, birth year 1874) her birth place is noted as Holloway, Middlesex, in 1901 (Age 27, birth year 1874)she is living with her husband, birth place Upper Holloway, 1911 has her (Age 37) born in Islington. Rose Annie died in 26/03/1946 age 70years. Todate I have ordered two birth certs, neither one being the correct one. So I would appreciate opionions from someone else of possible contenders, so I dont end up financing the GRO.
    Thanks in Advance.
    [COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="darkorchid"]Thanks

Mystic.........

Okay, so which two did you order ?
    Holloway was in the Islington Registration District of Middlesex in 1874.

But I think the baptism register (on ancestry LMA records) says Jan 8 1874 for Rose Anne' birthdate and for Mark Sep 28 1875 (they used to nearly always write the month first). Their address is given as 28 Brunswick Road. THe church at the top of the page is noted as St Peter Upper Holloway in Middlesex, but the other side of the page says St Peter High ....Hill, ancestry designates it as St Peter, Dartmouth Park Hill.

I can see Leonard Lane in freebmd but not Rose or Mark !!.

What about this one - maybe they registered her as Annie and added the Rose for the baptism ?

Mar 1874
    Lane Annie Islington 1b 267

Di
    Last edited by dicole; 28-05-10, 04:13.
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Hi Diane,

Thanks for your help. I suppose ultimately I have been guessing which one might be her, I ordered 1874 Sept Q 1b 551...which turns out to be a father by the name of William, on a hunch I ordered 1872 June Q 6d 389 (Rosanna) and the father turned out to be a Thomas, I know that this was a long shot, but I figured out I didnt really have much to loose. The "Jan" 8 1874 sounds correct, it was noted on the baptism record but I couldnt make out the "Jan" part.... I still couldnt find a birth that seemed to tie in.

Mystic.........

Comment

Hi - could they be reg under the mother's maiden name?

Comment

I have just had a look under WOODLEY and there doesnt appear to be anything that matches, but thank you for the suggestion.

Is there any chance that even though all paper work is Rose "A" that it could possibly be Rose Hannah... or is that too far stretched?

Mystic.........

Comment

I reckon Diane is probably right quite a few of mine have a middle name on their marriage yet only a first name on their Birth record, and it is more than likely if she was born in January 1874 the Birth would be registered in March.

Comment

Originally posted by dicole View Post
              THe church at the top of the page is noted as St Peter Upper Holloway in Middlesex, but the other side of the page says St Peter High ....Hill, ancestry designates it as St Peter, Dartmouth Park Hill.
              I'd bet on it being Highgate Hill, which is not far from Islington. Dartmouth Park Hill is where? folks. Sounds like it might be one of Ancestry's flights of fancy.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic View Post
                I have just had a look under WOODLEY and there doesnt appear to be anything that matches, but thank you for the suggestion.

Is there any chance that even though all paper work is Rose "A" that it could possibly be Rose Hannah... or is that too far stretched?
                Hi - Ann/Annie is often from Hannah...and so is Fanny..

Comment

Thanks Everyone for your help.... I will order that certificate "Mar 1874
                  Lane Annie Islington 1b 267" and see how I go, sorry for the delay in me getting back on to reply. I will let you know what the results are. Thanks Again.

Mystic.........

Comment

Working...
                  X