Googlemail now Gmail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Googlemail now Gmail

I notice that Googlemail is to become Gmail in the UK. I have got a little lost in the jargon and am not too sure what changes I actually have to make.

At present I have my googlemail also sent to my windows mail ~ question is will I need to change anything in that quarter. Also is it an uppercase Gmail or lowercase gmail as I think some people use either.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

no you won't have to change anything, your email address will be both ...@googlemail.com and ....@gmail.com. And the g in gmail is a definite lower case g.

If you want to change your email address to gmail from googlemail, it will ask if you want to change, if you do, just press "yes" when it comes up at the top of your emails. You dont have to change if you don't want to, they aren't forcing you to change !!.

Comment

Strange I don't know what I did wrong when I set up my Google email account because it has always been gmail.com, although once I did put it googlemail.com instead and it still worked, but it was definately gmail when I set it up.
      LindaG

Comment

Just like web addresses, email addresses are not case sensitive, it is only passwords that you need to make sure you are using the correct case.

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

When I registered with google for mail some 2 years ago, my email address was 'gmail' and now they are asking me to change to 'gmail' which I do not quite understand.
          Can I assume that I do not have to do anything. Have tried to send them a message but get no reply. Anyone else tried to contact them?
          Researching: ORRELL, HIGGINSON, LEIGH, PEET, LLOYD,GREEN. all Lancashire. PEPIN. USA. LLOYD, Canada. PEET, Victoria Australia

Comment

Rivington,

I have sent the odd email using "gmail" as my address and never had any problems. Many people who already had "gmail" in the USA have always sent me emails to "gmail" so it looks as if you are three steps ahead of me.

What a lovely picture of your Dog's.
            Margaret N
            DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
            X