Need help to find Amanda please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to find Amanda please.

I have come across someone looking for relatives of William Henry Blewitt b.1876....he is my Nan's brother.

He married my Grandad's sister Ellen Elizabeth b 1874 she died shortly after childbirth and the baby died at 6 months and then he married another of my Grandad's sisters Ruth Emily born 1880.

The person who left the message on Genforum is an Amanda Blewitt and she says that Ruth Emily is her Great Grandmother. There is an email address there but it is no longer active.

Any ideas what I can do to try and trace Amanda? I am so frustrated as I have never been in contact with anyone from this side of the family before. So near ...yet so far

Thanks a lot

Linda
    Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 27-05-10, 18:05.

I've tried googling Amanda's name, but nothing much seems to come up apart from the Genforum post - or other pages referring to it.

I had a look on GR, but couldn't see any likely candidates.

I guess you've looked for her on other genealogy sites so, short of concocting a neutral email referring to the Genforum post, and addressing it to any plausible names you come across, I can't think of anything much you can do.

I managed to find someone in a sort-of similar situation by googling every so often. At least Amanda's name is not common.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

sent you a pm.
      Karen

Comment

Linda, I have sent a PM too.
        Margaret

Comment

Thanks very much Christine.

Karen and Margaret...I have PM'd you both

Linda

Comment

I've replied to your pm with some more information.
            Margaret

Comment

I've sent another pm but have also checked Friends Reunited for Amanda and have a match that I have sent a message to so I'll let you know if it gets a reply.
              Margaret

Comment

Thanks very much Margaret. You are a star

Linda

Comment

Working...
                X