Gedcom Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gedcom Information

Is it possible to see if my Gedcom was entered correctly,I cannot find any of my surnames in the Surnames programme. I downloaded the gedcom from GR.
    WillG

You've currently got a GEDCOM in the database which includes 60 names.

When you uploaded it you should have received a message to say it had uploaded satisfactorily and how many names were included. Do you remember seeing this?
    Sometimes when GEDCOMs are downloaded from GR they don't always work very well and you may need to import it into a family history program to check there are no errors. Once imported it can immediately be exported as a GEDCOM again.

If you haven't got a family history program on your computer let me know and I can do it for you.
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine,
      I think that it is probable that I received the notification ,I did have a series of computer problems when I lost some of my information I had stored.
      I do have the FTM 2010 ,But I have yet to bring it up to date, I fear that some of the information in my GR tree may inaccurate although the surnames should be correct.
      I raised the query because I did not see the names in the Surnames site, do I need to do something else to add them?
      WillG

Comment

I sent you a pm with the list of your names which are showing in the GEDCOM file - are they what you expected or are some missing?
        Elaine

Comment

I Checked through PM, and it was as I feared,I have added names to my tree with out proper proof of their connection, so I will need to remove all the Thurlow's earlier than 1830.
          I see now that I have been looking in the wrong place for my names-in the Surnames Directory instead of the FT tree names.
          Thank you again
          WillG

Comment

Ah right, to search for your names click on the GEDCOM link on the navigation bar at the top of the screen, and then select SEARCH OUR NAMES DATABASE.

You can upload a new GEDCOM at any time, it will just overwrite the previous one.
            Elaine

Comment

Working...
            X