Parish Finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parish Finder

For years, I have used Parish Locator on my PC - in case you haven't found it already, you can now use it online without having to download and install it.

"Parish Finder does things like find the distance between two parishes, and the parishes surrounding a given location. This second feature is great when one of your ancestors decided to get married in a parish a few miles away and didn't leave a record of where to look!"

The link has been added to the England and Records Office Guide pages in the Reference Library.
    Last edited by Caroline; 26-05-10, 10:17.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Thanks, Caroline, that looks useful.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

That's great news as I always found Parloc difficult to use, It will take a little while to get used to this one but already found the distance of 3.5 miles between two parishes in Anglesey that family were from so it has already been a help.

Edna

Comment

Thanks Caroline. I already have Parloc on my computer, but I've just played around with the online version and think I prefer it.

scuda
        Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Thanks Caroline, I hadn't come across that before.

Comment

Thanks a lot. That will be very useful

Linda

Comment

Working...
            X