I'm stuck again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stuck again!

I can't find a will on FMP for a Charlotte Martin who died in 1878 Nantwich Cheshire, I have searched up to Dec 1881, 3 years after her death:(

I have not found any children for this couple, but she had money and a house so would have thought there was a will, is there anywhere else online I can search?

Joyce

An index to Cheshire wills can be found here Joyce

Jay

Comment

thank you Jay, that is a handy little site, have just done a search and the will is not there either

Joyce

Comment

Was she a widow? If not her money would have belonged to her husband at that time, I think.

Anne

Comment

thanks for replying Ann, yes she was a widow, and no children as far as I know, but she did have family in Liverpool, where she lived for 12 years before moving to bangor Wales for 9 years till her husband died, then she moved to Cheshire

Joyce

Comment

Maybe it would be easier to look in the National Probate calendar? They are generally available at Archives (but not online) and cover the whole of England and Wales for each year from 1858. I'm not sure how comprehensive the Cheshire Wills or FMP sits are? Sometimes people offer to look up entries in the Probate Calendars.

Anne

Comment

thanks again Ann, thats a great idea, I have asked for a look-up the the request board

Joyce

Comment

feel really silly asking but...

can anyone see my post on the request board asking for Probate calendar look-up, I can't find it

Joyce

Comment

Do you mean this one Joyce? http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...84#post2018784

Comment

no not that one Velma....It was titled probate calendar, lol where the heck have I posted it?

Joyce

Comment

just to let you know I have done another look-up request for the probate calenders on the request board as I have no idea where the first one went

Joyce

Comment

OMG, my second request for a look-up in the probate calenders has gone now, it was there last night, I checked before going to bed, can an admin please tell me why it keeps vanishing, am I doing something wrong?

Joyce

Comment

I can't see one anywhere, or any record of one being created ... if you try again, I will see if I can work out what is going on.

Caroline
                          Caroline's Family History Pages
                          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I can see the one you just posted .
                            Caroline
                            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

thanks Caroline, third time lucky lol....I think I just worked out what is going wrong

Joyce

Comment

Originally posted by Joy123 View Post
                                thanks Caroline, third time lucky lol....I think I just worked out what is going wrong

Joyce
                                Any tips in case anyone else has a similar problem?

UPDATE: With Joy's help, we have worked out that that forum forces you to add a prefix, so if anyone else finds their posts have vanished, that will be why. It is quite possible to miss the error message which comes up after you press Submit Thread.
                                Last edited by Caroline; 30-05-10, 18:25.
                                Caroline

Comment

Working...
                                X