Cambridge St Botolph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Cambridge St Botolph

I am looking for a LYDIA SIZER born 1811 at Cambridge St Botolph and her marriage to THOMAS CLARE around 1834 probably in the Chesterton area of Cambridge. They had at least 9 children between 1835 and 1854 but I can't find their marriage anywhere in the digitalised districts of Cambridge. If the marriage is found :

Were the parents of THOMAS CLARE (born about 1808) JOHN CLARE and LUCY ?

Were LYDIA SIZER's parents LEONARD SIZER and RACHEL ?

Is there anything on occupation or LUCY / RACHEL's maiden names ?

Thanks for any help.
    Simon

"You've got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky ? " (Dirty Harry) - Be lucky; the facts are out there somewhere

http://www.thebirdtree.co.uk

Family Search pilot site

Groom's Name: Thomas Clare
    Bride's Name: Lydia Sizer
    Marriage Date: 02 Mar 1834
    Marriage Place: Cambridge, Cambridge, England

Unfortunately no other details were given.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Name: Lydia Sizer
      Baptism/Christening Date: 21 Apr 1811
      Baptism/Christening Place: Cambridge, Cambridge, England
      Father's Name: Leonard Sizer
      Mother's Name: Rachel Jackson

Looks promising. You will have to try to find some more information, though.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Simon,
        if you can't get up to Cambridge to look, I can see if I can find anything in the parish records held at the Central Library.With the dates Elizabeth found, there must be a record somewhere. When you say "digitized redords" ..... which one do you mean?
        ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

Originally posted by Meridian Line View Post
          Simon,
          if you can't get up to Cambridge to look, I can see if I can find anything in the parish records held at the Central Library.With the dates Elizabeth found, there must be a record somewhere. When you say "digitized redords" ..... which one do you mean?
          Many thanks for your kind offer Louise. I was particularly referring to the Family Search & Ancestry websites and the records on the Cambridgeshire Family History Society website www.cfhs.org.uk/BaptismIndex/index.html where I found Lydia Sizer born 1811 at Cambridge St Botolph with parents Leonard and Rachel SIZER.

Someone on another forum has found the Bans being read for Thomas & Lydia, but no marriage record as follows :

Cambridge St Mary the Less 2 Feb 1834 Thomas Clare Bac. & Lydia Sizer sp of St. Botolph

- this fits in with the marriage being a month later.

Thanks for your help.
          Simon

"You've got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky ? " (Dirty Harry) - Be lucky; the facts are out there somewhere

http://www.thebirdtree.co.uk

Comment

Simon,
            I've pm'd you
            ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

Working...
            X