Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

setting up an "I'm out of the office" email response ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up an "I'm out of the office" email response ??

Hi
    could anyone explain how to set up an automatic reply to any emails to let correspondents know we're not available and who to contact instead when we're away .

Thanks

Liz

should have said on windows 7 in case that's important ?
    Last edited by congletonian; 25-05-10, 08:39.
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

I think it depends which email sytem you use. Are you on a webmail or do you use Outlook Express - or whatever the Windows 7 equivalent is!

Anne

Comment

Hi Anne

it's windows mail .My OH has a little job (6 hours a week) at a local church office and he wants to let parishioners etc know not to leave him emails with requests to eg put something in the newsletter for that Sunday when he won't be in the office to pick them up. He says he thought it should be in tools but apparently it isn't there on the church laptop.

Liz

Comment

Sorry I don't know anything about Windows Mail. Hope someone comes to your rescue!

Anne

Comment

trev

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Oh that's fantastic Trevor,it's a step by step guide so looks really straight forward. OH is going to give it a go tomorrow.

Many thanks for your help

Liz

Comment

Thanks again Anne and Trev

the guide worked perfectly (once oh found the notepad !!!) and the message is now set up.

Liz

Comment

Working...
              X