London baptism on IGI but not found on ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London baptism on IGI but not found on ancestry

On the IGI I have found the baptism for Mary Ann Baillie Haywood born 28 dec 1860 (in Edinburgh) being christened in St Lukes Westminster in London on 30 Sept 1863 with parents John and Mary Haywood as expected. C06219-1.
    But i cant find this baptism on ancestry even tho i have looked at every possible permutation of the surname ie Ha/eywood or Ha/eyward. I have also looked at genuki too to see if the church was wrongly named.
    Please can any one help me as my sub to ancestry runs out on 3 weeks?
    thanks very much.
    Angelina

I'm not sure, so am prepared to be corrected, but my understanding is that Westminster parish records were deposited at City of Westminster archives, the old County of London records at the London Metropolitan archive (LMA) and the City of London parish registers at the Guildhall archive (although I seem to think the city of London records were being transferred to LMA. The records which Ancestry has digitised are from the LMA so probably don't include those from Westminster.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Judith- thank you very much for that - explains why I couldnt find the record. I had thought I was losing the plot but now you have reassured me.
      thanks very much again.
      Angelina

Comment

Working...
      X