Baptism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baptism

Can anyone advise me please if I could get a copy of the baptism of a relative in 1900 in wolverhampton?
    many thanks.

Yes if you know which church the relative was baptised in.

The local history centre/library may have microfilmed copies of various churches in the area they were living at and it may mean a trawl through.

However I've looked at many churches for baptisms and couldn't find them at all. Wondered if they'd been baptised at all or may have been taken back to the family church for baptism wherever that was.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Thank you JBee, I will tryand find the church in the area where they lived and see if I can find it online.
      Gwyn

Comment

This link may help you Gwyn. If you scroll to the bottom of the page there are some on-line resources you can search.

Helen
        Support the S.O.P.H.I.E. campaign, Stamp Out Predudice Hatred + Intolerance Everywhere.

Visit the website at http://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/index1.html

http://www.illamasqua.com/about/sophie/

Comment

Hi

If you can find her in 1901 census, that will give you the registration district which should help narrow down which parish(es) to search.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
            Hi

If you can find her in 1901 census, that will give you the registration district which should help narrow down which parish(es) to search.
            Why did`nt I think of that! thanks Nell and thanks to all who have replied.

Comment

Now if it had been Handsworth before 1894, you could have looked here: http://www.digitalhandsworth.org.uk/galleries.stm

Always worth having a play around (e.g. Google) to see whether there are any exceptional local resources available.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Have you tried FreeREG?
                I've found quite a few of mine on there.It has fairly good coverage for Wolverhampton and the dates have gradually crept up to the early 1900's...You might be lucky and find yours on there.
                Sandra:smilee:

Comment

Many thanks for your help,sorry about the delay in replying but I have been away.
                  Gwyn

Comment

Working...
                  X