Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A carry on from yesterday's If your bored thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A carry on from yesterday's If your bored thread!

Thanks to Wendyp I found out some fab info for my Friend who knew nothing of his family, he is happy with it but I'm afraid I would like to go further back (its the genealogy bug lol) if any one is interested in doing some digging for me please shout and ill post some details! x

Hi Kelly,

I'm not doing much at the moment and would be happy to do a few look-ups.

Jane

Comment

Hi Jane Thank you, Im afraid the family name is Green!

Its Frederick Green b 1885 he is aparantly born in bishops stortfrd in hertfordshire, his wife is called Anne Eliza Green ( havent got a maiden name) b 1886 I think they married in 1903, In 1911 they were living in Tudeley, Kent I would like to try and find him in the 1901 hopefully with his parents!

Comment

I've had a quick look at the 1891 and 1901 census but haven't found a Frederick born in Bishops Stortford although there are several born in Hertfordshire about that time.

I've found a possible marriage.

1902 Q4 Tunbridge

There is a Frederick Green and one of the possible wives is Anne Eliza Hatch.

Comment

I think that I'm bashing my head on a brick wall without certs as there are just too many Greens! That marage sounds right as on the 1911 it just says they have been married 8 years their first son was born in 1903.

The other one I have been searching for is William knight b1835 tonbridge, he married a Sarah and in 1881 was kiving with 2 children in tonbridge, I would like to find him with his parents, its a shame I dont have middle names!

Thank you so much for helping please say if you have had enough x

Comment

I agree that without getting certificates, Green is going to be very difficult to trace.

I'll have a look for William now.

Comment

ON the 1851 census there is only one William knight in tonbridge born that year would you mind having a look to see who he is lving with please? x

Comment

Ancestry is playing silly beggars now - I'll try again soon!

Comment

Ok Thank you x

Comment

Still no luck getting Ancestry to work. I'm off for a bath but will look back in later.

Jane

Comment

Thank you Jane I Have to log off now but will check back tommorrow and once again thank ou so much for your help x

Comment

Finally got back on but it's not good news - in 1851 William is a Lodger. I'll see if I can find him in 1841 with his parents.

Comment

Well that didn't last long - Ancestry's gone again.

Comment

Oh how frustraiting lol! He must have been quiet young when lodging without his family! x

Comment

Good morning Kelly.

This is the most likely William's family in 1841.

William Knight 40
                              Ann Knight 35
                              Mary Knight 8
                              William Knight 5
                              Edward Knight 8 Mo

There's also this one but age is a little out.

Thomas Knight 25
                              Mary Knight 25
                              William Knight 4
                              Mary Knight 2
                              Albert Knight 1 Mo

However, there are a few other Williams around the right age living in Kent and the 1841 census doesn't give place of birth so yet again I think you'll need William & Sarah's marriage certificate to find out William's father.

Jane

Comment

I've just being looking for William in the 1871 and 1891 census and his age is 10 years younger in these than was given on the 1881 census so perhaps we should be looking for a William born in 1845 rather than 1835.

Jane

Comment

Oh dear! more certs lol. Think I will have to ask my friend if he wants to continue by ordering them or if he has enough info, I do hate giving up though! thank you sooo much for all your help! x

Comment

This is the most likely William in 1851 going by his age on the 1871 and 1891 but the age is still out by a couple of years.

Henry Knight 45
                                    Elizabeth Knight 42
                                    Francis Knight 15
                                    Emily Knight 13
                                    James Knight 10
                                    Elisabeth Knight 5
                                    William Knight 8
                                    Charles Knight 1

Here's the family in 1861

Henry Knight 56
                                    Ellen Knight 27
                                    William Knight 18
                                    Charles Knight 11

This William in 1861 could throw a spanner in the works as well. He is living with his grandmother but the age fits better.

Mary Knight 69
                                    Harriet Knight 31
                                    William O Knight 16
                                    Richard Floyd 67

This one was living is Tonbridge but born in Pembury. The other family were living in Tunbridge Wells.

I really do think there are too many Williams to work out the correct one.

Jane

Comment

Jane, that William O one is interesting as he went on to name his son Oliver William and I can't seem to find it now but on one of my notes I have his middle name as Oliver! Shame he is with kis Grandmother as we have lost a generation! I also have another branch of the family who lived in Tonbridge but all their births are listed as Pemburyn not sure if it was too early for hospital births but pembury maternity hospital was where all my children and myself were born.

Who is Harriet, And is Richard just a lodger? x

Comment

This marriage looks very interesting

1868 Q2 Tunbridge

William Oliver Knight

possible wife Sarah Ann Foster

Given that William had a son Oliver it would seem to tie in nicely and would mean that the William O Knight with his grandmother in 1861 would seem to be the most likely one.

Comment

Working...
                                        X