looking for my thread asking for help on kemp and lister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for my thread asking for help on kemp and lister

how do i find my origanal thread as i know have a cert i want to check with the postings thankyou brenda xxx

You can search for it Bren, by clicking on Advanced Search which is at the top right of the screen, just under the navigation bar.
    Click on Advanced Search - in the keyword box enter kemp and in the username put brenmac. Then click on search and it will bring up any threads you have started which contain the word kemp.
    Do the same for lister.
    Elaine

Comment

hi elaine,i have but i cant the thread i put up about 2 weeks ago so i will put the certificate on here i was looking for the family of my grandad james lister born 1889 married 21 my grandmother who was annie lister she maried 26th march 1910 the adress was 24,parkfield street hunslet for both both of them at the time of there marriageim not sure what his fathers name is is it Herbet?and he was a smithies striker?is there any chance of getting the family of Herbet kemp?thankyou brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by brenmac View Post
        ... i was looking for the family of my grandad james lister born 1889
        Do you mean James Kemp? If so, any idea where he was born.
        Elaine

Comment

im going to have to appolagise it was on gf i asked..i hope you dont mind..i didnt put it on both as i was in trouble doing it before.i have been away and i couldnt remember which one.i hope you dont mind.

james kemp i believe was born in leeds but again im not sure.my grandmother was leeds hunslet.brenda xxx
          Last edited by Guest; 21-05-10, 16:20.

Comment

this was my origanal question
            my grandmother was anne lister born 1881 died 1968 married james kemp born 1889 died 1960 lived in hunslet leeds where mum was born.is there a census with these on with my grandparents?
            my mother was born 1914 elsie v kemp ,annie,muriel e, kenneth v,loui,
            i have now come across 3 names i didnt know but ancestry has them with my grandmothers i beleive ...
            name removed,gilbert,name removedand has them with my grandparents as there parents

Comment

No problem Bren!

I have found a James Kemp with a father named Hirst. The image of the marriage certificate you have posted is quite small so it's difficult to read - do you think it could be Hirst?

1891 census
              Hirst Kemp c 1865 Bradford, Yorkshire, - head – occupation Smith’s Labourer
              Laura Kemp c 1865 Birmingham, Warwickshire – occupation cigar maker
              James Kemp c1889 Bradford, Yorkshire
              Ernest W Kemp c1890 Bradford, Yorkshire

Address 24 Hope Street, Horton, Bradford
              RG12; Piece: 3643; Folio 19; Page 32

1901 census
              Laura Kemp c Briningham, Warwickshire,– married – occupation cigar maker
              James Kemp c 1889 Bradford, Yorkshire
              Florence C Kemp c1892 Bradford, Yorkshire
              George S Kemp c 1897 Couenting, Warwickshire
              Sarah A Whittaker abt 1863 Bilston, Staffordshire – boarder

Address: 4 Cardwells Yard. Leeds
              RG13; Piece: 4238; Folio: 85; Page: 6.

Possible death for Hirst Kemp (from freeBMD)
              Age at death 38
              1903 1st quarter
              Bradford 9b, 103

Not sure where Hirst is in the 1901 census, although I have found a Hirst Kemp born in Bradford, living with what appears to be wife Ellen!
              Elaine

Comment

yes i thought it was herbiet but looking now yes hirst it is he had died when james married my grandmother. thankyou elaine brenda xxx

Comment

bigger cert for you to see if it is hirst brenda xxx

Comment

Certainly looks like Hirst.
                    Elaine

Comment

thankyou elaine.....brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                      X