Changing ISP - any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing ISP - any thoughts?

I'm become very unhappy with Pipex as my ISP and am going to change as soon as possible - thinking of going to TalkTalk. Has anyone got any recent experience of them?

Thanks!
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Wulliam

Pipex used to be good back in the old days then they were taken over by Tiscalli , Tiscalli were taken over by Talk Talk.

So you would be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Look at the previous post from Margaret for her views on Talk Talk.

Ken

Comment

We're with BT and I have noticed quite a lot of people I am in contact with have recently changed (back?) to BT. I'm not saying they are cheap or that the customer service is good but we have been with them for 10 years with very few problems. We are on Option 2 which includes a full antivirus package for up to 9 computers - so there's a saving there if you have more than one computer. Their Spam filter is very good too. Recently our download speed has increased dramatically, although they didn't tell us it would!

Daughter and s i l are with Sky (complete package with TV etc) and I know they were very satisfied when they recently moved house with the service they got from Sky ... and s i l is not one to put up with poor service!!!

Anne

Comment

Ken & Anne - thanks for your replies.
        I've had a look at Margaret's thread as suggested...and will think again!

Thanks for your time!
        Kind regards,
        William
        Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

I have been on TalkTalk for the past two years and have had no problems at all with them.

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I am with Sky and have TV, telephone,phone line rental,internet just increase up to 20g for £5 per month if you have the telephone package, I never have any problems with Sky and the internet speed is really good.

Edna

Comment

Working...
            X