• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing family in Ceylon

Hi,

i am Norman Schofield

i am searching for my missing family.

My father Joe (Joseph) Schofield was born into a burgher planting family in Ceylon. He died in India in 1979.

I am trying to find his siblings who were born in Ceylon in the 1920s. There were 4 boys and 2 girls.

I want to know about his parents' names. His sisters' names and all brothers' and sisters' DOB

i guess all of them must be students of St.Joseph's College, Maradana as one of the boys certainly was. All the brothers joined the British Army

Joe (Joseph) is directly related to me....Kindly help me find my family

Your help will be much appreciated

Regards

Norman
    Last edited by Caroline; 17-05-10, 15:13. Reason: Removed details of possibly living people.

Welcome to the forum.

I have removed your email address as we do not allow these to be added to posts.

Are any of the people who you mention still living?

Names of people who have been born in the last 100 years should not be added unless you are 100% sure that they are deceased, as stated in our Terms and Conditions when you signed up.

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Hi,

I am 100% sure Joseph (Joe) Schofield is dead....he died in 1979 (in India)he was my father
      i am trying to know my family...

Regards
      Norman

Comment

Hi Norman

Welcome to FTF.

Do you have Josephs death cert. If not you might be able to find a ref on Find my past. I'm not sure if they are just British subjects that die overseas!!

Are there any army records you can have access to that might help you.

I have never researched out of England for anything like this but trying to give you a few tips.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

As Norman is not sure whether his father's siblings are still alive, please PM him with any B or M details which you may come across for them.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Have a look on the website as lots of new records added recently and you may find some information on there, remember that less information gives you more hits so dont fill in everything you know.
            Also you can check out the mailing lists at rootsweb http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/index/intl/LKA/

Edna

Comment

Have a try here...

Comment

Working...
              X