Missing Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Family

JAMES HENRY HAVELOCK LIPPIATTwas born 1858 in Clutton Sumerset . He married ELIZABETH YEOMAN BENJAFIELD in 1880 in Sturminster. She was born 1855 in Stalbridge, Dorset.

James was a Dairyman & Farmer, at Walcot, Somerset.

Children of JAMES LIPPIATT and ELIZABETH BENJAFIELD are:

ANNIE BENJAFIELD LIPPIATT, b. 1881, Wincanton.
    LOUISA MARY LIPPIATT, b. 1883, Wincanton.
    JOSEPH HENRY LIPPIATT, b. 1885, Wincanton.
    LIONEL JAMES LIPPIATT, b. 1886, Wincanton.
    LESLIE HAVELOCK LIPPIATT, b. 1888, Wincanton.

I have all the family in 1881 and 1891 but in 1901 there is no sign of the parents and I cannot find any deaths for them.

In 1901, both girls are at Tything? Wincanton (with Bessie Treaves - widow - I don't know who she is).
    The 3 boys are in Bittern? Stalbridge, Dorset (with uncle Albert Benjafield).

I can find no trace of any of the 5 children 1911 and I have therefore searched for marriages and deaths between 1901 and 1911 but cannot find anything for any of them.

Can anyone else find any trace of the parents in 1901 or any of the family in 1911. I have tried wildcards in 1911 as the name was sometimes misspelt.

Thanks in advance.
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Do you have access to Ancestry? There is a tree on there which shows that the family emigrated to the US in about 1901, except daughter Annie. Let me know if you want more details.

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

It looks as though they moved to America (California). There are a couple of mentions of them here in the 1910 and 1920 US census

Jackie

Comment

Wow, thanks Linda, I didn't think to check for other trees. I have now done a search and found a couple of trees with this family.
        Thanks again.
        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Working...
        X