Word 2003 help please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word 2003 help please....

I have just typed an assignment and used headers and footers on each page except the first (cover page). All is good......except I condensed the document and have a page 7 on the end with header and footer and nothing else.

In very simple English...........can anyone tell me how I can delete this last page???

I need to submit the assignment electronically so can't just print it out and throw page 7.....lol

Thanks.

I don't know if this will work, but ...... You might have pressed the enter key too many times, if you go to one of the other pages and press Control and End your cursor might end up in the middle of your empty page, if it does just back space until you reach the end of your written page.

Does that make sense?

Margaret
    Margaret

Comment

That makes sense, but my problem is the header and footer are on the last page (the one I want to delete). Somehow i have to get rid of them first I think. I want to keep them on the other pages though...if that makes sense.....lol

Comment

The header and footer will only appear on the blank page if you have some sort of text or hidden formatting on that page.
        Do what Margaret has suggested to make sure that there is no hidden formatting - you should then find that the empty page will disappear!
        Elaine

Comment

Phew........worked......Thank you.

Comment

So pleased, it was nice to be able to help someone at last - Good luck with the assignment

Margaret
            Margaret

Comment

Thanks Margaret.

Comment

When ever you want to see why Word documents have text in places you do not expect or a blank page has been forced on you, you should use the show/hide button on the toolbar.
                It looks like a P with a vertical line on it.
                This will show all the 'hidden' text codes, such as Tabs, mistaken uses of the enter button (New paragraphs created) and repeated presses of the spacebar (shows as fullstops centered in the text sections)

Trev

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
                X