kinsman/kingsman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kinsman/kingsman

i am trying to locate a elizabeth kingsman or kinsman.born in week st mary cornwall around 1852.she married a william stacey in new zealand in 1876 under the name of elizabeth couch.i cannot find where she was married before william or where the surname of couch comes in to the picture

Hmmmm....

Mary Elizabeth Kinsman married
    William Couch

Mar q 1875 Stratton 5c 13

Stratton is a subdistrict of Bude and is very near Week St Mary.

However, she would have had to get a move on to be widowed, go to NZ and remarry in 1876.....

(There are a number of Mary Elizabeth/Elizabeth Kinsman births around 1852, one in Stratton)

OC

Comment

thank you for that information i have since found out mary and william emigrated to nz in 1875 and william died of fever on ripa island 21st july.they had a daughter on the9th of july,but i cannot find any mention of her from that date onwards.is there anyway to find out any records about her

Comment

Hi - what was the daughter's full name?
        Have you found anything in paperspast? http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast
        There is a William Stacey - he passed away in 1878 and an Elizabeth Stacey (probate was passed to William Stacey) - that was 1887, but gives you an idea of what's in the site.
        This is probably coincidence, but an Elizabeth Couch, niece and adopted child of Mr & Mrs John Stacey of Wellington, married Alexander Murray Bonar, son of Dr Groves Duff of Nelson, on 31st October, 1894 Wellington. It asked for Nelson and Christchurch papers to copy. Wonder if this Elizabeth is connected to yours?
        Last edited by naomiatt; 17-05-10, 06:23.

Comment

i don't know her name as the doctor from the White Rose just noted she was born 9/7/1875 doing well.I have found a william,john and grace stacey went nz in1865 from cornwall.
          william stacey was born in poundstock cornwall.elizabeth stacey died 1887 but her husband lived until 1919,is anyway to find out about the adoption of elizabeth

Comment

Hi - good question..have you looked for children from their marriage etc?
            or found their marriage info besides the above..found a marriage for John Stacey of Wellington?
            Is there anything in the NZ Archives about adoption...
            Last edited by naomiatt; 18-05-10, 07:22.

Comment

Working...
            X