Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• national archives help

hi there

If I was lucky enough to get someone to do a look-up for me what information would It give me? I'm prety sure this is my family, would it tell you the names of wife and children who where abandoned?

Joyce

[no title] PE/WM/OV/16/9 27 Apr 1822

These documents are held at Dorset History Centre

1 doc

Contents:
    Warrant for the apprehension of William Markham Martin of Wimborne Minster, printer and victualler, on a charge of running away and leaving his wife and children chargeable to the parish of Wimborne Minster
    PLEASE USE MICROFILM MIC/R/

Well, it MIGHT, although as it is a warrant for apprehension and not actually a court writ, it might not!

Only one way to find out......

OC

Comment

lol...thanks for replying OC.

Joyce

Comment

This isn't at the National Archives (Kew) but in the Dorset archives. You could email and ask how much a photocopy of the document would cost. They might also have the quarter-sessions papers if he was brought to trial, which would give more info - but hard to say how much!

I got a quarter-sessions case when I went to Bucks Records Office, about my gt x 3 grandfather's settlement dispute between two parishes. It gave the court ruling and the answers (but not the questions, so I had to do a bit of deducing) gt x 3grandfather gave. It told me how much rent he paid, that he kept pigs, grew fruit in an orchard, the ceiling of his house fell in, who his father-in-law worked for, and the names and ages of some of his children.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

thanks little Nell, I will email them tommorrow..

Joyce

Comment

Working...
          X