Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Mail - messages disappeared

I am having problems with Windows Mail. My messages have disappeared. :(
    When I first open it up the folders are on the left hand column (In and Out Box, Spam etc) but no messages are shown.
    It says I have no new messages but I have Spam. I can see the Spam when I open them up but they cannot be deleted. :(

The next occasion when I go back to my mail box the folders have disappeared too

I am receiving messages through Incredimail so they are getting through.

Any ideas anyone please?

Joy

Click on the inbox - select VIEW, then CURRENT VIEW.
    Have you got SHOW ALL MESSAGES ticked?
    Elaine

Comment

I've already done that Elaine and it IS ticked but it doesn't make any difference.

Joy

Comment

Joy,

Have you tried going to the top of the left hand side where the folders are and click on the Local Folders icon which is the first item on the list and see what happens. Mine gives me a list of all the folders and how many messages are read/unread.

Funny you should have this problem as I switched on one day last week and my Googlemail Box with some messages in that I did not read the night before was empty. Just like that.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

I'm giving this a nudge to see if anyone else has any answers. I am still having problems with Windows Mail.

I either have a blank page with nothing on apart from the list of folders on the left hand side and other times, like now, a complete blank page :( Sometimes at the side of the folders they tell I have no unread messages or several spam ones.

If I manage to open the spam one it doesn't let me delete them. A message comes up saying a receipt cannot be sent.

I am receiving my mail through Incredimail so I am not entirely without my e mails. The problem I have with Incredimail though is that about every 2 weeks or so all my deleted messages are re-appearing in my In Box - had well over a 1000 yesterday. :(

I seem to be jinxed with my mail accounts. If anyone can shed light on any of the above, I would be grateful.

PS Margaret - I have tried opening my Local Folders but they just come up as a list and each one tells me there is no mail. :(

Joy

Comment

Working...
          X